Starting Graphic Design

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Dez, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dez

Dez

So I've always been into drawing and loved doing it but it was always on paper :3. Anyways I've seen a lot of people using tablets and just drawing on the computer which seems much easier, and probably more accessible. I've already seen the post about getting a Wacom Tablet which I think I would want to do but what program do I use? And any other suggestions on something to get or do would be appreciated :p

Posted Apr 20, 2013
  2. Ryan

Ryan

Define graphic design, drawing online or stuff like Photoshop.

Posted Apr 20, 2013
  3. Dez

Dez

Drawing online :p Or just drawing in general.

Posted Apr 21, 2013
  4. If you don't have Photoshop or Illustrator installed, try Paint Tool SAI. It's a great drawing tool that's above the level of MS Paint/GIMP, and is basically an introductory course to the tenants of the other Adobe programs.

Posted Apr 22, 2013
  5. Once you get things going on drawing, I might have a request or two for you.

Posted Apr 22, 2013
  6. Dez

Dez

Any ideas on how much all of this will cost? +Tablet

Posted Apr 23, 2013
  7. Photoshop. The way to go.

Posted Apr 23, 2013
  8. Paint Tool Sai is quite nice. I like it more then photoshop XD

For price rance I was able to find Sai for free and the tablet cost mostly depends on how big and advanced it is. I mean I got the small Wacom Bamboo fun tablet for like $100...while others I got like the Medium Wacom Intuos4 was around $300. Where you get it and whether its on sale can contribute as well.

Posted Apr 23, 2013
  9. Dez

Dez

Oh ok, seems like a plan to me :) Thanks so much guys, I'll keep ya updated on my drawings :D

Posted Apr 24, 2013
  10. Adobe Photoshop CS6 is a great program for graphic design I use it all the time and love it....Also Gimp 2 is pretty good

Posted May 15, 2013
  11. I use GIMP for things I cannot do on PS lol

Posted May 15, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.