new mic!

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by slayermetal, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yup finally have the money for one. Any one got any suggestions on a mic? Preferable something that is no more then $80.

Posted Apr 16, 2013
  2. fancy mic? get a snowball.
    just a headset- i have no idea

Posted Apr 16, 2013
  3. yes you want to get the cardboard tube when you finish using your toilet paper then you need to get a tennis ball and stick it on the end of said cardboard tube then you get a rubber band, but first you need to cut a small hole in the cardboard tube and put the rubber band through the hole then put the other end of the rubber band around your ear and bam instant mic. your welcome

Posted Apr 16, 2013
  4. as long as it works i'm just not sure what headsets are good. been with out a mic for 2 years now so i don't know whats good or not.

hmm sounds cheap and reliable is this what you use cookie?

Posted Apr 16, 2013
  5. yes yes it is works extreamly well

Posted Apr 16, 2013
  6. how does one connect this to a computer?

Posted Apr 16, 2013
  7. o you dont you just use it to talk to yourself

if you want to talk to people then buy a mic you cheapo

Posted Apr 16, 2013
  8. Selser

Selser

I can't stop laughing cookie! so damn funny!! hahaha

Also Slayer I have Turtle Beaches and they work great. But a lot of people don't like TB's for some reason. I have TB's X12's Link: http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/pc-headsets/ear-force-x12/56

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
    Posted Apr 16, 2013
  9. Everyone always ask why i dont talk technically i am talking... Its just no one can hear me

Posted Apr 16, 2013
  10. Maddog

Maddog

Want a TRUELY Amazing Headset?
    Would not recommend any other!

Sennheiser PC 320 Gaming Headset

AMAZING! Absolutely Amazing. Get it, get it now.

Posted Apr 17, 2013
  11. Don't buy Turtlebeaches I'm sorry [MENTION=1956]Selser[/MENTION], but I've had 3 pairs and they've broke whether the mic snaps off or something, my friend's have had them too and they broke. I personally love Trittons and I've got the AX pros I've had no issues for like a year and a half now. As for mics I personally use a blue yeti and that's a bit pricey so you could probably pick up a snowball?

Posted Apr 17, 2013
  12. Mics

i have had 3 pairs of turtle beaches and they didn't go good with teamspeak so I switched to afterglow headset/mic and I've had no problem with them.

Posted Apr 17, 2013
  13. well i will look at all these i like the sennheiser stuff a lot use the headphones now.

Posted Apr 17, 2013
  14. Suffering

Suffering Recruit

use the logitech G930's they're good so far. Have had no problems with them.

Posted Apr 20, 2013
  15. DO NOT BUY A SNOWBALL!!! Buy a blue yeti, it is around 100$ but trust me, every penny is worth it.

Posted Apr 20, 2013
  16. if it comes down to that being the best i will save up some more for them.

and the Logitech's look really good actully

Posted Apr 21, 2013
  17. nobody likes them cuz they're overpriced as fu*k and break too easily

Posted Apr 21, 2013
  18. Well, i had a snowball for commentating and it was amazing. but it broke way too easily. Just get some cheap 10 dollar mic for talking. You dont need anything fancy.

Posted Apr 21, 2013
  19. ya i wasn't just wanted one that would last for a long time.

Posted Apr 21, 2013
  20. Logitech has JUST mics, not speakers or anything??? The Blue Yeti IS JUST A MIC. Save up, its well worth it.

Posted Apr 21, 2013
  21. Its worth it if your a commentator or you need an excellent microphone. But for just talking to other people, there's no point in a 100$ microphone. What matter more is how long it will last then the quality of the microphone. Also, 100 bucks is way too much too spend in general if you can get something much cheaper for slightly less quality.

Posted Apr 21, 2013
  22. i just got this cheap dynex one at best buy and it works great

Posted Apr 21, 2013
  23. I got a new one pretty recently as well, it is a wirless logitech one. Not too fancy, I know I can set up teamspeak with the buttons on it but haven't gotten around to it yet. Best part is, I can go to my kitchen and get food while still being able to hear what is on the computer.

Posted Apr 21, 2013
  24. Yeah, if I didn't do youtube commentary, I never ever would have bought it. There isn't a mic that has slightly less quality than it for less than it. It is a great value and not very expensive. And it is the 2nd best usb microphone in the world only to the 250$ blue yeti pro. :p

Posted Apr 28, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.