Keyboard/Mouse combo?

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by IcyProtocol, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almost finished getting all the parts for my new gaming computer, so I can start building it, but I need some peripherals. Any suggestions on keyboards and/or mice? So far, I've only looked at some keyboards, but I haven't even started looking at mice. Here are some of the keyboards I was considering:

Cyborg v7 Keyboard: http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/v7keyboard.htm

Microsoft SIDEWINDER x4: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109191

RAZER BlackWidow: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114029

SteelSeries 6GV2 Red Switch: http://shop.steelseries.com/us/keyboards/steelseries-6gv2-red-switch-us.html

If you have your own keyboard or mouse you like, tell me! I really need all the help I can get in this section.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    Posted Apr 1, 2013
  2. OKAY DONT FUCKING BUY RAZER! All of those look like junk to be honest, get a Corsair m65 mouse and a k60 keyboard. That's what I have and they are the best by far. You wouldn't listen to me about amd so at least listen to me about this. Razer's products are garbage, they look amazing but they perform HORRIBLE! Everything Corsair is amazing, I'm not being a Fanboy, it's just true, ask anyone. I never heard of Cyborg, and that Microsoft isn't really great. That amd processor you bought is garbage, it runs hot as shit and you won't be happy. Listen to me now Icy.

Posted Apr 1, 2013
  3. Cyborg is actually a series made by Mad Catz, and I did some research and yeah. Razer is terrible. A lot of people say they don't last and the keys are too small and so many other problems. I'll take a look at some Corsair products.

Posted Apr 1, 2013
  4. HOLY FUCK!!! YOU ACTUALLY LISTENED TO ME!! Okay so heres the scoop, the corsair mouse m65 is the upgraded version of the m60, m60 has like 5 million clicks and the m65 is like 15 or something like that and it has a higher dpi, the k60 is the only keyboard for fps. If you play mmorg, the m90 and k90 is the way to go but the m65 and k60 is for fps, they would both for each of them but the k90 and m90 is more expensive by a bit. You dont NEED a great keybaord and mouse, i played off of a 20$ keybaord and 10$ mouse and i still played great. Amazing headphones is wayyy more important. Like get the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD700-Open-air-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B000CMS0XU 100$ and sound better than any trition, turtle beach, or astros. And yes, i do know because i own the turtle beach px5 and the Astro a40s and a50s. They kick the shit out of all of those, they dont have great bass but the bass is good that is the downside but for gaming, there is no better headphones under 200$ in pc headphones and for other headphones that are "gaming" headphones, nothing even comes close. If you want a mic, go with the blue yeti or blue snowball, those are for commentary, but just get a mic mod 2.0 if you just want to talk with people.

Posted Apr 1, 2013
  5. Suffering

Suffering Recruit

I have the R.A.T 9 mouse from cyborg and I love it! Im getting cyborgs new S.T.R.I.K.E7 keyboard and currently have the Razer Blackwido ultimate(to be honest it isnt that bad) I really do like cyborg though.

Posted Apr 1, 2013
  6. Posted Apr 1, 2013
  7. Alright, so I will probably buy a K60 because personally, it looks really nice and the tech specs are great from my own knowledge anyway. I probably will not upgrade my mouse(I just have a Logitech M305 Wireless mouse(designed)) and I personally think it's fine for now. Also, with the headset, I'm using my Turtle Beach X12s with my Xbox and my PC. They work perfect in my opinion. I'm a modest gamer. I don't need a 200 dollar headset to satisfy me. I heard the Blue Snowball from a lot of my favorite YouTubers is terrible. In fact, one person even said that they use the Microsoft Live Chat headset(I had that before it broke. It's only 35 dollars).

Not buying either of those considering they aren't even close to my price range.

Posted Apr 1, 2013
  8. Suffering

Suffering Recruit

:p

Posted Apr 1, 2013
  9. Hmmm why does that site sell the Deathstalker for 65 dollars compared to RazerZone selling it for $79.99? Also, that mouse looks really nice for a small pricetag! :D Might look into it.

Posted Apr 1, 2013
  10. Im not sure about the keybpard's price. I bought it in a store for like, 60 bucks. but the mouse is definitely worth it

Posted Apr 1, 2013
  11. And the Blue yeti sounds amazing, look at voice over reviews on it, the blue snowball is cheaper, and those headphoens were 100 and they sound better then stupid 300$ astros and trittons. Get the m65, youll be a happy man.

Posted Apr 1, 2013
  12. Golden

Golden

I have a Deathadder Mouse and a Sidewinder keyboard, though I would recommend the Blackwidow keyboard. Mechanical keyboards are amazing.

Posted Apr 1, 2013
  13. That's the exact reason I'm leaning away from the Sidewinder because it doesn't have mechanical keys...

Posted Apr 1, 2013
  14. Didnt listen to me? NO RAZER!

Posted Apr 1, 2013
  15. Geno

Geno

Cyborgs mouses are wonderful. I reccomend you get one.

Posted Apr 1, 2013
  16. I'm not looking for a mouse right now, but thanks :) I'm probably just gonna stick with my logitech wireless until I feel it's necessary to get a new mouse.

Posted Apr 2, 2013
  17. Pfft you cheap noobs.

I'm so rich, I use a mouse-pad and a built in keyboard. :3

-Jay.

Posted Apr 2, 2013
  18. Dell keyboard from a WinXP Stock computer. And a Stock Logitech mouse.

Posted Apr 2, 2013
  19. NO RAZER DONT DO IT and get a mechanical keyboard with CHERRY Browns ! it's the same thing but no noise aaand the amazingness of a mech keyboard! here's my dream keyboard http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=152

EDIT: the only thing you should get from razer is a NAGA if you play mmos, but even there, you can use modifiers on the keyboard instead of those weird buttons and be just fine :p

Posted Apr 25, 2013
  20. Khanzi

Khanzi

Corsair make nice things. Aluminium. Simple, sleek. Easy to use. Very functional. And comfortable.

Posted May 17, 2013
  21. I have a Razer Deathadder and Razer Blackwidow Ultimate. Both GREAT devices. The keyboard may be a little bit pricy, but this thing is perfect for anything. Typing AND Gaming. The Deathadder has a really nice and comforting design. I'd recommend both.

Posted May 20, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.