Mouse and keyboard help

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by dakisking, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im thinking of upgrading my mouse and keyboard, I currently have a standard microsoft mouse and keyboard from forever ago. What do you guys recommend I should buy as a mouse and keyboard? I play fps's and mmo's.

Posted Mar 3, 2013
  2. Razer Naga Epic or Hex and a Razer Blackwidow ultimate should do it..if you have a certain price range, go for logitech

Posted Mar 3, 2013
  3. I use Hp for bot my mouse and keyboard and they work fine for me

Posted Mar 3, 2013
  4. logitech is good

Posted Mar 3, 2013
  5. Kid, listen to me, DO NOT BUY RAZER PRODUCTS! Every product from them I have bought look great, but they suck in performance, headphones, mice, keyboards, they look sweet, but they perform like shit. Since you play fps and mmos, I'm torn to recommend the Corasir m65 mouse and k60 keyboard or the k90 and m90, the 65-60 is for fps, and the 90s are to mmos, the 90s mouse has more buttons, 15, and less dpi, the m65 has 8 buttons but a higher dpi. Right now, the m65 is for 50 bucks after rebate which is amazing. The k90 I'm sure of the difference, other than its more for mmos. But, if you play css tf2 and gmod more, then get the m65 and k60. Here are the links for the cheapest pricing I could find. M65 50$ after a 10$ rebate http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816009 M90 65$ http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Performance-Gaming-CH-9000002-NA/dp/B005QUQP8A K90 130$ http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Performance-Mechanical-CH-9000003-NA/dp/B005QUQP94 K60 90$ It used to be 70...and the mouse was 75...but here is the k60 http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Performance-Mechanical-CH-9000004-NA/dp/B005QUQP80 It's w/e you play more, personally all I play is fps so I have a m65 and a k60, I LOVE THEM! They are feature packed, and, it's Corsair, so everything Corsair is amazing.

Posted Mar 3, 2013
  6. Valax

Valax

cheep and good :p

Posted Mar 3, 2013
  7. Thanks man, I checked out the links and i think ill go with the M65 for sure. K60 seems a bit expensive, but ill keep it in mind. :)

Posted Mar 3, 2013
  8. Yeah, the m65 if is a bit cheap now, the k60 used to be 70 or 80ish, I would wait for it to drop down a bit, it's a GREAT keyboard.

Posted Mar 3, 2013
  9. To give you another viewpoint, I will let you know about an interesting situation I just had.

My first gaming mouse was a steelseries wow edition mouse which lasted a good year. Not bad but not good. It gave up before the two year warranty had expired so I contacted their support. They agreed to replace it as long as I paid for return shipping. I was low on funds at the moment so I decided to seek other options. My gf works at Bestbuy so I was able to return it during the notoriously expensive electronic chain's "no receipt returns holiday" promotions over Christmas break. I was then given $110.00 in store credit so I checked out the mice they had there. Since I was very desperate to get back to gaming a.s.a.p, I just went with the brand name I had heard the most positive things about, Razer. The specific model I bought was the Razer Naga Epic 2012. It is matte black in color with green glowing numbers and scroll wheel. I instantly fell in love with the ergonomic shape and I really appreciated the fact that they also included 3 different grip attachments that you can choose from. They disconnect and reconnect magnetically and are quite comfortable. The buttons (there are 17 total buttons including the click wheel and left and right click) are also soft but not enough that you accidentally push them, so basically perfect. Overall I really liked the mouse and have had many situations where the ease of switching weapons in tf2 has helped me a lot.

Now on to the bad things...
    Unfortunately Razer has decided that they want to force you into using software that requires a constant connection to the internet. You also need to create an account with them and it syncs your key binds and stuff every time you log in. This is to supposedly make it easier to play on a different computer. You can just bring your mouse, download the software, log in and bam! theres your key binds. I see that this could be useful but I do not like the whole create an account and sign in deal. If you do not mind that stuff then it shouldn't be a problem.
    My second issue with Razer is due to the fact that I had to recently return my mouse after only having it for two months. While playing on 2fort the other day, my aim starting moving around like crazy. I thought it may have been the game so I unplugged my mouse and quit tf2. After plugging it back in, the cursor moved fine but if I left the mouse stationary the cursor would slowly move to the bottom right of the screen. I tested it on several surfaces and several laptops and same thing. Apparently it was a problem with the laser sensor. I was very disappointed but (I never thought I would say this) Thanks to BestBuy, I was able to just return it and get another one off of the shelf. It works great and I still love it. I hope I do not run into another sensor problem but if I do within the next year or so I will consider looking at a different mouse/brand.

TL;DR I've had a steelseries mouse.....not so good quality, gave up in a year and you have to pay return shipping to replace product using company warranty. I then got a razer naga 2012. It was comfortable and worked well but the laser sensor had a problem after only 2 months. I have another and it seems to work great like the first originally did. Hopefully It lasts longer.

Hopes this helps! I'll see you on dustbowl or 2fort!

P.S I am not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone. I just wanted to let you now about my experience with the gaming mice which I have had so far.

Posted Mar 3, 2013
  10. Highly disagree. I've had my share of Razer items and they are reliable as hell.
    I have the Logitech G15 gaming keyboard. It's amazing. I have a Razer nags, it's also amazing.
    And why are you calling him kid? Your not too far off.

Posted Mar 3, 2013
  11. Idk, I just did, but Richard had his sorrows with razer, razer doesn't design quality products, for gaming mice and keyboards, Corsair is simply the best, like they are at lots of other things.

Posted Mar 3, 2013
  12. no, no, no, i am doing fine with my razer products they are awesome!

Posted Mar 3, 2013
  13. Same my deathadder and bwu 2013 are still good and i have not had any issues

Posted Mar 3, 2013
  14. Suffering

Suffering Recruit

R.A.T9 wireless mouse or the R.A.T7 wired mouse and the cyborggaming S.T.R.I.K.E7 Keyboard. Very pricy but worth it.

Posted Mar 3, 2013
  15. Meez

Meez

Logitech G500 mouse and a generic keyboard.

Posted Mar 3, 2013
  16. lol my sides.

I've changed my mind. I agree with Rootbeer. My naga is great.

Posted Mar 3, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.