Final Decision for Gaming Computer

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by IcyProtocol, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tell me your thoughts :D
    And no [MENTION=2268]adam360x[/MENTION], I'm not buying Intel. ;)

Posted Mar 1, 2013
  2. Sounds pretty good, although don't underestimate the importance of a good power supply.

Posted Mar 1, 2013
  3. you should get an intel cpu and a better gpu

Posted Mar 1, 2013
  4. Golden

Golden

Looks great.

[MENTION=157]AbleDelta[/MENTION] While Intel and Nvidia parts are generally better, they are significantly more expensive in many cases. That GPU is decent.. it's about as good as a GTX 650, which is by no means a bad card. Can't say much about the CPU though.

I can attest to the case, it's what I have and it's pretty nice. Very sturdy, and very good (but I need about four fans).

Posted Mar 1, 2013
  5. by gpu he could have sli/crossfired mutlipule cards. And intel is more stable.

Posted Mar 1, 2013
  6. You know I know exactly what I'm talking about.....If you really wanna buy a piece of shit like that amd for a 750$ build, your crazy. Fine, don't listen to me, learn your lesson the hard way like I did.

Posted Mar 1, 2013
  7. Player#1

Player#1 Member

Lol Adam the computer is fine for the price also does the case include fans cause your gonna need like two for a quad core

Posted Mar 1, 2013
  8. This is to Adam and all of the people saying "buy Intel". I understand that the Intel is better, but guess what? I don't have a grand from my entry level job to spend on a gaming computer. Oh, what? There are other expenses in life? Oh, right, COLLEGE. Yeah, it only costs like 50,000 total for a 4 year college, plus for computer security, I still have to take 2 more years for a certificate from CEH(Certificate of Ethical Hacking) before I can have some good credibility to be able to get a high paying job. What's that? You didn't spend your own money? Cool! You have rich parents that can shell out money for you. Newsflash! My parents are divorced, my mom lives in an apartment and my dad isn't doing the best considering he's a tool & dye mold maker(another newsflash, China's taking over the plastic industry). So I don't know what your parents do for a living, but I don't have parents that would be able to give me a grand to build a computer. So thanks, but no thanks. I'm sticking with the "I'm saving for college and going to have a great job" AMD processor instead of the "I'm now broke, I have no money for car insurance/gas/spending money, and I have an amazing computer that will depreciate in the future down to nothing to show for it" Intel. Done, but I hope I made by point.

tl;dr; I'm not made of money, and buying an Intel i5 is out of my price range.

Thank you, someone understands. Oh, and yeah. The case has 1x200mm red LED front fan and a 120mm exhaust fan.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    Posted Mar 1, 2013
  9. Jeez, I didn't mean to piss you off, you don't need an i5, an i3 is just fine....I3-2120 for 100$~ will beat the AMD processors around that pricepoint. And you really don't need many case fans, its just a luxuary item..I wanna know how the hell you could possibly have a 100$ gpu and 100$ cpu on a 750$ build...that makes absouluty no sense, you should easily be able to put in a 7870 in that build. But if you already bought it your an idiot, your obviously not overclocking, so you could get a cheaper motherboard, save about 20-40 bucks there, then get a wayyyy cheaper case, which you could save 20-40 $ there, and then the psu is okay, I have no experience with that brand psu, typically Corsair is the best, but I really have no words for that, you could get g skill ram, which many people will tell you if by far the best for the price, get 2x4 8 gigs 1600mhz gskill for like 40$ save 17 bucks there, then you torrent windows, which saves 90$! So total savings is 127-147$ there to put in a better gpu, thinking an XFX 7870, or w/e .... I'm not gonna argue over the cpu if you really don't want to get Intel, that's your deal, you will learn. AnandTech doesn't have the i3 2120 but the i3 3220 is about the same, the i3 beats it in most tests, but it is close. EVERYONE will tell you how much more reliable Intel cpus are than AMD, just about everyone will. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/700?vs=677

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    Posted Mar 2, 2013
  10. Well the thing is, that $770 includes the cost of Windows 7 OEM and a monitor for $75 from a friend. So there's 170 right there. But if you think you can get more for my money using the FX 4300 or the FX 6300 processor, build it with PCPartPicker and send me the link. Build an Intel if you want as well, just for comparison.

Posted Mar 2, 2013
  11. Torrent windows. But sure, I'll do it again for you.

Posted Mar 2, 2013
  12. why torrent windows. instead of having a completely new thing and having to reinstall stuff, why not just take the current HDD/SSD out of your computer and put it into the new one?

Posted Mar 2, 2013
  13. He doesn't, he has a laptop, he doesn't have any. And you get windows 7 ultimate. He is buying my build that I told him to because I am awesome.

Posted Mar 2, 2013
  14. Icy I have the 7770 and that PSU won't support it.

Posted Mar 3, 2013
  15. Really? If you do the math with all the components' power usages, it comes up short, which means I have more than enough power for the parts. But I'll take a second look. Thanks! Oh and guys, I changed a few things with my build. Here it is. The case is a RAIDMAX Raptor with 4 fans and USB 3.0 front port for $43, and then the monitor is a Acer 23" for $116. I'm getting Windows 7 from Best Buy because I have $75 worth of cards for it, so that's why it shows Windows 7 only costing $25.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KgG0
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KgG0/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KgG0/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($133.79 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($60.98 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($109.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($25 @ Best Buy)
    Acer 23" Monitor ($116.00)
    Case ($43.00)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
    Posted Mar 17, 2013
  16. wtf icy? You get an AMD processor AND a 7770????!?!?!? You had plenty of room for a 7870 and i5 3550 w/e icy

Posted Mar 17, 2013
  17. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

He doesn't need that expensive of a processor. I'm running an AMD A10. It's a dual-core 2.3 Ghz. I can stream GMod, CS:S, and LoL in 720p while running Spotify and Google Chrome. My laptop also does not have a graphics card, just integrated with 2524 Mb from RAM for graphics. The idea of a "gaming computer" in the past few years has just become outrageously stupid. Entertainment laptops still do the job.

Posted Mar 19, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.