Help! Can anyone give me tech support?

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Icey, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icey

Icey

My brand new HP Envy I got for Christmas will not open programs such as steam league of legends, and it will also not let my younger brother download a game he wants to play. I have re installed steam also. If any of your tech geniuses would like to help it would be most appreciated.

Posted Feb 26, 2013
  2. Golden

Golden

Try creating a new user account, and running something via that account. When did this start occurring? Did you download anything unusual?

If that doesn't work, it's pretty likely you have a trojan/virus. You should install an anti-malware/virus program. Anything but Norton/McAfee should do, I'd recommend Microsoft Security Essentials (free), with Malwarebytes (optional).

If none of these work, reply to me with [MENTION=1687]Goldenblood[/MENTION], I'll see if I can't find something else.

Posted Feb 26, 2013
  3. It may be the user settings on your PC are you the PC administrator ?

Posted Feb 26, 2013
  4. Happend to me its either...The (Firewall) Or Your not running it under (Administrator) Also it may..Be your virus protector..? This happend to me thats all i got to say is try those over <--------- :) Lol

Posted Feb 27, 2013
  5. Maybe it was a virus. Check out my complete virus removal guide in tech support. If it's not a virus, then you could try formatting the pc if possible. That would fix it.

Posted Feb 27, 2013
  6. Icey

Icey

I checked for virus's and no virus but this all happened after my norton security expired. This might be it?

Posted Feb 28, 2013
  7. Maybe something happened with a firewall or something. Try completely uninstalling norton.

Posted Feb 28, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.