Community Merger with EdgeGamers

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Abdul, May 14, 2018.

1. Abdul

Abdul Arabian Prince Director

edgegamers-merger.jpg

It has been six years+ since Prestige Gaming was founded. In the last two years, I've had less and less free time due to real life obligations (wife, work, family business and hopefully soon some kids). I do not foresee in the near future that I would be able to dedicate as much time as I used to, and spend the necessary time to place the community in a position where it can continue to run properly without my full attention. Kitkatpandaz and Pestilence are both also planning to step down so that they can focus on their real life (they have health issues which has only deteriorated for them) - they have served this community well and the last thing I want is to continue to be inactive and leave the burden on them whilst they try to battle their real life issues - that's not right. I have always said real life always comes first, but along the way, I ended up being selfish and became inactive whilst leaving pG leadership with the burden to run the community without my presence (which is very difficult to do since alot of things rely on me, e.g. access to the gameservers, approving big changes ...etc). I am very sorry for that.

With that being said, I believe a merger is the best option so that we all can still continue to have fun on the same servers we all love, with the same rules (love and hate) - and I believe merging with EdgeGamers specifically is the best outcome we could possibly have considering the other option (complete shutdown). EdgeGamers was founded in 2006, they have server's in a variety of games that we don't (Minecraft, Battlefield, GTA 5, ARK Survival, Day of Defeat ...etc); their structure and core rules are also very similar - a merge will be very easy and benefical for everyone, including eGO members. You can learn more about eGO here: https://www.edge-gamers.com/about-us/

If you have any questions about this merger, please use the "EdgeGamers Questions" public forum or Contact Leadership forum for a private discussion.

Servers

All our servers will remain the same and they are not shutting down - they are simply going to be 'branded' as eGO and it won't happen straight away, it will take time and it will be done slowly so everyone know's it's still the same server. The servers will still have the same IP address, and will be in the same location (Chicago, US).​

Rules

Our Jailbreak and TTT rules will also remain - they're not going to be changed to use the one's that they use for their JB/TTT servers. Our JB and TTT server's have a different gameplay style. As for the 'core' rules, their core rules are very similiar, you can view them here: https://www.edge-gamers.com/rules/

Ranks

• I will be a eGO Community Manager.
    • pG leadership become eGO leadership.
    • All =[pG]= members become =(eGO)= admins.
    • All [pG] juniors become =(eG)= admins.
    • All -pg- recruits become =(e)= recruits.
    Trophies

EdgeGamer's use "achievements" instead of "trophies" but they are essentially the same - your trophies in pG will be transferred over as eGO achievement's, but only those where they have a equivalent one. We will provide an update once we have worked out the specific's (awaiting assessment of the best way to do it from a technical view).​

Premium (VIP)

Once the server's start to use their admin/premium system, everyone who still has Premium active will receive an email & a forum PM with instructions on how to get your full refund. If you had Lifetime Premium you will only receive a partial refund based on how long you held Premium.​

What you need to do now

If you don't want to merge with eGO

Sorry to hear that - if there's anything we can do to change your mind or if you have any concerns you want to raise, just let us know in the Contact Leadership forum for a private discussion with leadership. If you're dead set on not merging, you don't need to do anything - continue having fun, the servers aren't going anywhere!
    Why EdgeGamers and not another community?

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Like x 17
    • Friendly x 10
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • No Habla Ingles? x 1
  2. SpraayZ

SpraayZ Member

It was fun

Posted May 14, 2018
  3. Ere

Ere Recruit

<333

Posted May 14, 2018
  4. Revolver

Revolver Junior

shoulda brought back minecraft server

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gower

Gower Member

:(

Posted May 14, 2018
  6. TypicalBigGuy

TypicalBigGuy Member

They just have a crap website

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Bearded Melon

Bearded Melon Recruit

It's not the end, like you said. Too many people are saying this is a takeover. If it was a takeover, they wouldn't be giving people like @Arbiter and @Hotdogs their powers back over there. They wouldn't leave our serbers running. And I highly doubt you would of been open to it if they were. This is what a merger should be and I'm open, if reluctantly, to it

Posted May 14, 2018
  8. TypicalBigGuy

TypicalBigGuy Member

The only reason our servers are running is because they are popular. Our Counter Strike divisions is 300 times more popular than theirs.

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 4
  9. Gower

Gower Member

Yeah, I really hope they get a new design. There's also no suggestions subforum etc. I hope they get on that.

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Bearded Melon

Bearded Melon Recruit

If they wanted to, they could shut them down though so theirs could be more popular, but I doubt they will. If they do, that shows it was a takeover and I'm pretty sure most of the pG members who went thete would leave

Posted May 14, 2018
    • No Habla Ingles? No Habla Ingles? x 1
  11. TypicalBigGuy

TypicalBigGuy Member

the name "Prestige-Gaming" is what will keep those servers alive

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Abdul

Abdul Arabian Prince Director

This merge brings that and more :)
    We did once too - I'm confident it will get better.

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Nish

Nish Recruit

F

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. TypicalBigGuy

TypicalBigGuy Member

They've been alive since 2006 if they dont have a decent website by now. There isn't much hope.

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Bearded Melon

Bearded Melon Recruit

I heard that they're gonna work on it. I'm pretty sure now that our tech team is merging with theirs, it'll be a lot better within the coming months

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Why this make me wanna cry :c

@Abdul thank you for making a community that I was able to find some of my bestest friends ever. It’s sad to see it go. I trust you that this merge will be a good idea. I will truely miss pG. I know new great memory’s will come in EGO. Thank you for making a community I was able to enjoy for a year+ that could make my days a little brighter. <3

Also, thank you for not shutting down the community with no opportunity of a merge, and leaving us like kittens in a box on the side of the road. I appreciate you not doing that ヽ(´▽`)/

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

So who should I complain to now about launching a new GMR server?

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. HirizaKyo

HirizaKyo Member

But............. their forums are just so........... old school.
    --- Post merged ---
    Other than that, Abdul, I messaged you privately and what I said, I meant it. I will absolutely back anything you think this community needs. I just need you to know that.

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. RipplyTiger151

RipplyTiger151 Community Manager

You can post in our Dropbox or Forum Feedback forums to give suggestions. (Forum feedback is specifically for website issues or suggestions).

As far as I know, we've always been on vBulletin. We actually just recently upgraded to vB4 like a year or two ago. So this site layout is relatively new.

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Maddog

Maddog

F

Posted May 14, 2018
  21. Le Chair

Le Chair Member

Their website is just really chaotic, design-wise pretty bad, no cool overlays.
    I just want this website, and i'm gucci

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Lord Exor

Lord Exor Member

Well, uh...

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  23. Depression

Depression Junior

Issa okay see yall on ego btw when will the website be updated because it is so messy barely know what to do

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Silencer

Silencer

gg

Posted May 14, 2018
  25. Aban

Aban Member

Enjoyed my time here guys, really did. Hate to say it, but PG was obviously dying off, hopefully you guys can all find fulfillment in the new one. New friends, new games, and more. Best of luck out there, see you on the other side.

I'll be there too, but not that often.

Posted May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 2