MAJOR Virus Help

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Thresh Princess, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thresh Princess

Thresh Princess Junior

Hello everyone, I'm not that much of a tech person, but I know some of you are and I was hoping you could help.
    Recently, My computer has been really slow. Everytime I open up programs, they seem to freeze. Chrome is very slow, etc. But no evidence of a virus. I ran several. One from AVG, One from Norton, and one from Avast. Which all came up clean! However, when I turned on my computer this morning,, a message came up saying It was a disk check, I was like okay cool. So I went back to sleep. When I woke up, eveything is cool, but when I log into my computer account, not a single program will work. It says that "This Program Can Not Launch". I was like, wtf?
    I ran another Check, and this came up for my AVG: [​IMG]
    One of my previous Avast scans said something about a Root Kit and such.
    Any ideas? Everything is so slow and can't download.

Posted Feb 17, 2013
  2. Okay, you could have messaged me but I'll help you out "new pG recruit"

First, you have a shitty computer so doing complete wipe or reformat might be a good idea so you can start anew, reformating is a last ditch effort if you have a virus. If you want a great free Anti-Virus I suggest Microsoft Security Essentials it's great and better than avast. The thing that came saw was "AVG Tune-Up" which is simmilar to CCleaner which I reccomend to everyone. If you still can't find anything I suggest wipping since you are computer dissabled.

tl:dr Reformat your windows.

Posted Feb 17, 2013
  3. I agree. CCleaner is a really great tool to get some space back, some speed back, and even to fix registry problems. You should definitely check it out!

Posted Feb 17, 2013
  4. I got Microsoft security but it cost me nothing but its worth $200

Posted Feb 17, 2013
  5. People with hooks for hands?

Posted Feb 17, 2013
  6. When i got my laptop wiped they gave me it :)

Posted Feb 17, 2013
  7. Hahaha nice. :p

Posted Feb 17, 2013
  8. Honestly Reinstalling windows would fix all registry issues and wipe all viruses if you are that screwed..

Posted Feb 17, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.