Suicide at my school

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by OGVibes, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:25 AM.

1. OGVibes

OGVibes Recruit

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/depu...neola-high-school-no-active-shooter/647283326

So during first period today(spanish class) we had a fire drill and my class and many others were assigned to the bus loop(where the buses drop people off) and the fire drill went normal as soon as we get back into the classroom people start receiving text messages from friends apparently someone had been shot in the bus loop (idk if it was during or before the fire drill) and some saw a body well as soon as they say that a message comes over the intercom and we go into an immediate lockdown for an hour (still at lockdown while I write this) while lockdown we hear multiple cop cars and an ambulance pull up to the school and everyonethinks there is a school shooting happening when things start to calm down after an hour we get antoher intercom message from the principal saying were still in lockdown and she was crying so we then assume its not a school shooter people start texting and asking around we later figure out a kid had committed suicide with a gun during school some people who were close with the student cried in our class it has been a pretty hectic and crazy day so far. Ik prob no one cares but I thought I would share this cause its something ive never witnessed.
    http://www.wftv.com/news/local/depu...neola-high-school-no-active-shooter/647283326

Posted Nov 14, 2017 at 9:25 AM
    • Friendly Friendly x 11
    • No Habla Ingles? No Habla Ingles? x 1
  2. Temper

Temper Craft your World Recruit

Must been very weird to have it happen so close to you. Stay safe!

Posted Nov 14, 2017 at 9:51 AM
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. kaZZ

kaZZ Junior

Stay safe!

Posted Nov 14, 2017 at 9:55 AM
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. TypicalBigGuy

TypicalBigGuy How you doin? Member

Stay safe, prayers to the Family of the guy or girl.

Posted Nov 14, 2017 at 9:59 AM
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Demonic

Demonic *Insert Credit Card Number Here* Recruit

Damnnnnnnnn. Stay safe man. :(

Posted Nov 14, 2017 at 10:19 AM
  6. Gower

Gower wise men eat ice cream - albert einstein Junior

Glad it wasn't a shooting, stay safe. :)

Posted Nov 14, 2017 at 10:53 AM
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Temper

Temper Craft your World Recruit

@Gower
    In any case, it is sad that somebody decided it was time to end their life.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 11:07 AM
    Posted Nov 14, 2017 at 10:58 AM
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. HirizaKyo

HirizaKyo Member

I'm sorry you had to go through this all.
    The first time I was in this situation, it really freaked me the fuck out so I'm keeping you in my thoughts.
    Also, I hope the family is doing alright.

Posted Nov 14, 2017 at 11:05 AM
  9. EXE KL

EXE KL The Love Junior

If only someone realised and managed to talk him out of it. Distressing news for the students and even more for the victim's family. Hope they gain the strength to overcome this.

Posted Nov 14, 2017 at 11:21 AM
  10. Coder

Coder Member

That's fucking awful. If you are ever feeling depressed remember that live is a series of hills and valleys, just because you can't see the top of the next hill it doesn't mean you're not going to reach it.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 1:57 PM
    Posted Nov 14, 2017 at 1:12 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  11. OGVibes

OGVibes Recruit

yeah since it was in at the back of the bus loop which is basically the back of the school so no one saw him cause when a fire drill happens there is no organization so everyone just walks out in a bunch so it would have been easy to get away with the loud sound of the school sirens and people talking nothing was heard till someone saw the body when walking back. it was found out that the guy posted a snapchat seconds before saying goodbye to his family and friends. kinda crazy to think about like I imagine people who sit next to him in classes knowing the seat will be empty forever.

Posted Nov 14, 2017 at 4:41 PM