My laptop

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Rarity, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rarity

Rarity

So I dropped my laptop down the stairs and it got smacked up. On the exterior surface not much happened except a few scratches. On the inside however if I shift my laptop to the right angles I can hear a faint raddling as if something really small is getting knocked around in my laptop. It is indefinably one small object. My laptop appears very sturdy and is without a doubt working because that's how I'm typing this now.

Now my question is should I send it in for god knows how long to get it fixed because of the raddeling that could just be plastic, the scratches, and my disc tray doesn't work(from another predicament). I don't play games too too often but on the contrary I'm on vent almost as long as I'm awake, it's better than my phone for forums, and I still do play every now and then. I have entertainment so don't make your opinion from there. And please, if you're not knowledgeably savvy, please don't even post. I want a is it worth it opinion that I might have future issues not a I'm mentally retarded when it comes to laptops so I would.

Posted Feb 3, 2013
  2. That stinks. :/ My laptop is pretty messed up too. I'm pretty sure the fan in it isn't working right because within about 5 minutes of using it, it makes the loudest noise ever. Plus, it overheats easily if you don't have one of those lap fans under it. At least I got a desktop for Christmas.

Posted Feb 3, 2013
  3. I got a cracked LCD screen so i see a few purpley,black lines on the top off my screen :L

Posted Feb 3, 2013
  4. Well Dr.Pepper If your warranty is still good I would look into that otherwise I wouldent pay to repair it until it is broken. If it makes a rattling noise when on see whats on or around the Fan/fan motor assembly, or the Hard drive as those are the only things that would make vibrations during normal use. Could be a small peice of plastic, could be a wire group that fell out of the bracket, etc...To find our how to check these things do a little research on youtube and google about your laptop, usually the fan and hard drive are very accessable, as I've said I think it is probably unsecured wiring, a brocket brack peice, my reasoning is printed circuit board is tough stuff (the shiny green stuff haha), the only other things that could snap off is perhaps some peice of the frame or a bracket, I doubt any resister or capasiters fell off a printed circuit board. Hope this helps feel free to pm me for further assistance.

As for you red
    Remove your fan there is usually only 2 mount screws holding it in get the dust off and out of it, usually the blade will pull straight off the motor assembly to grant you access to re secure press the blade pack on if it is not snug put a micro bead and i mean micro bead of glue in the blade hole and put it back on the motor be sure NOT to get glue anywhere near the motor. also clean the dust out of the airways the best you can performance is affected SOOO much by pc temperature. Hope this helps pm for further assistance.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    Posted Feb 3, 2013
  5. things only get worse if you dont fix them

Posted Feb 7, 2013
  6. You should open it up, then see if there is something in the fans, something that could block it and make the noise, if you go onto this website, www.webchat.freenode.net and join ##hardware they will answer all of your questions, if checking the fans doesn't work.

Posted Feb 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.