Xi3 Piston A.K.A. Steam Box?

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Yomankeenan, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Opinions on it, thoughts ?

[video=youtube;AGpVgQfNQkI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGpVgQfNQkI[/video]

Posted Feb 1, 2013
  2. Golden

Golden

It's one of several steam boxes, this is not the "official" steam box.

That said, it's a decent platform. I'd like to see how they manage to keep it cool, and I'd also like to see larger Steam Boxes, because really, who needs it that small?

Posted Feb 1, 2013
  3. Personally I it is way overpriced I mean it's selling for 1k on Amazon, and it's only got 2 gb of ram and a starting 16 gb SSD

Posted Feb 1, 2013
  4. Golden

Golden

Well, you're paying for the convenience, not the specs. It really is very much so overpriced, but keep in mind that it's practically an experiment to see what will come of the "Pc-in-the-living-room" design.

Posted Feb 1, 2013
  5. When Valve makes one, call me.

Posted Feb 1, 2013
  6. Denial

Denial

When you have a gaming computer, how is it convenient to blow a thousand dollars on a lower tier console?

Posted Feb 1, 2013
  7. He is saying convenience by let's say, you could take it to a friends house for a LAN party with ease, or have a lot more desk space etc.

Posted Feb 1, 2013
  8. [​IMG]

Posted Feb 1, 2013
  9. Really, o.0 buy me 1 too.

Posted Feb 1, 2013
  10. Force

Force

I want one and i dont wan t it that big the smaller the more places you can take it :D

Posted Feb 2, 2013
  11. Posted Feb 2, 2013
  12. GTFO I have an AMD processor and I love it. Your just mad, because my processor has more cores, it's all bout dem coressss.

Posted Feb 2, 2013
  13. Player#1

Player#1 Member

They just lowered the price to around 500$ which may accually make it worth it. I mean this thing is awesome its portable it plays steam games with great quality, what more could you want for a gaming computer.

Posted Feb 3, 2013
  14. Hahahahahhaahhaahahahaahhahahahahah They aren't ACTUAL physical cores like Intel's processors. AMD processors will NEVER be able to compete with Intel for gaming, Intel's processors for gaming are simply faster.

You could build one for less or more than 500$ that would play games much better than the box. But, for the little space, it's actually pretty cool.

Posted Feb 3, 2013
  15. Honestly my cell phone has better specs and it seems like this might be too small...if you're going for a console might as well buy the upcoming ps4 or 720

Posted Feb 7, 2013
  16. 3_bit

3_bit

You do realize DDR2 memory isn't going to give you the *best* of experience, not to mention their low kickstarter funding? If Valv contracts them, sure we can expect something nice, but I'll take a Razer Edge until, and after, the Steam Box is released.

Posted Feb 26, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.