Game Spotlight: Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

Discussion in 'Community News' started by becky, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. becky

becky he chose to save me ♡ Advisor

dishonored3.jpg
    Artist: @Coder @becky | Writer: @Le Chair @Hydra @Hotdogs @becky | Editor: @becky @Qadassa

RELEASE DETAILS
    Dishonored is coming back once again in 2017 with the third installment of the Dishonored series. Developed by Arkane Studios and published by the famous Bethesda Softworks, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider is their sequel to Dishonored 2 but is considered a standalone story. Officially, it is the end of the “Kaldwin Era” of the series, the era revolving around Emily Kaldwin. The original Dishonored game in the series was released back in 2012 as an action-adventure single-player game that has the main focus of stealth gameplay.

Arkane Studios is a well-known company that is known for the Dishonored series and Prey. The company was founded in 1999 and is located in Lyon, France. In mid-2006, they opened up an office in Austin, Texas. They’ve only released a handful of games by themselves, but have also worked on Call of Duty: World at War and Bioshock 2. The award-winning developers will now be releasing the third title in the Dishonored series, a standalone game called Dishonored: Death of the Outsider.

The game is set to be released on September 15th for Xbox One, PS4 and PC at a price of $29.99. You can buy the game on Steam or anywhere games are sold. Sadly, pre-ordering the game does not give you anything special.

You can buy the Complete Collection to get every Dishonored game as well as all of their DLC.

red.png
    GAMEPLAY
    Dishonored: Death of the Outsider will be offering an action-packed, first-person adventure game with multiple styles of combat to face your foes. Choose from lethal and non-lethal methods to take down enemies in your path. Changing the difficulty changes different mechanics in-game as well, such as stealth and combat interactions. Make use of the Void Engine, a new addition to Dishonored. With new additions to gameplay and overall graphics, dive into a beautifully-crafted game full of challenges and an intriguing story.

IS THERE ALSO A NEW ORIGINAL STORY?
    Dishonored: Death of the Outsider’s story takes place a couple of months after the ending of Dishonored 2. Playing as Billie Lurk and paired with your mentor Daud, you will explore the dark side of the city to recover artifacts in order to kill the source of all the chaos: the Outsider himself. The Outsider, a god-like figure, is thought to be an instrument to some of the Empire’s most dishonorable moments. The story will delve more into the Outsider’s past and the reason for his existence.

THEN WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
    Unlike the previous installments in the Dishonored series, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider does not follow the same characters, it is being made as a standalone game. This being said, much of the gameplay is the same.

The combat, movement, and controls are identical to the prior Dishonored games. While in combat, you will be able to use supernatural abilities, weapons, and other unique items. You can either use your weapons and abilities to sneak by your foes or you can run through them with brute force. Either path you take will be filled with enemies. However, it is your choice on how you move forward through the game. As you move forward, you will face a completely new set of foes that vary from The Outsider, the Immortal Envisioned, the Sisters of the Ocular Order, and the Clockwork Soldiers. These new foes add a new fighting aspect that will test the player's ability to either sneak by or kill everyone in their path.

billie.png
    CHARACTERS
    BILLIE LURK

Billie Lurk is the main and only actual playable character in Dishonored: Death of the Outsider. Known for being one of Dunwall’s best assassins, Billie is set on a path to return to Karnaca to reunite with her previous mentor, Daud. Together, they plan to attempt the hardest assassination ever.

DAUD
    Daud is Billie Lurk’s trainer and mentor. He is a famed assassin who is known throughout the world for his murder for hire work. He reunites with his apprentice Billie Lurk. With his help, Billie wishes to take on an assassination like no other.

THE OUTSIDER
    The Outsider is a mysterious fucker who you must hunt down. He appears to most as a young man in his early twenties. He is considered a god and has many supernatural powers. Some believe he is the source of all magic in the Dishonored world. But no one has ever taken on the challenge of trying to take him down.

NEW POWERS FOR BILLIE?
    Displace
    – This ability allows her to relocate to any marker she has placed on the map.
    Foresight – This ability stops time while also allowing her to move around in spirit form
    Semblance – Semblance allows you to steal the face of and Impersonate another human.
    Rat Whispers – As the name says, this allows you to hear the voices of rats.

I HEARD NEW FEATURES
    Arkane Studios is bringing out some new features for the release of Dishonored: Death of the Outsider just to keep everyone interested and having fun:
    • OriginalGame+: This means you will be able to replay the game with Corvo’s, Emily’s, and Billie’s abilities.​
    • Location: You will have access to a brand new city to explore with new secrets and missions; see the underground fight clubs and the black magic cults.​
    • Enemies: Players will go against a whole new array of enemies throughout the game. Armed with your new weapons, gadgets, and abilities, take down deadly foes such as the immortal Envisioned, the relentless Sisters of the Oracular Order, and the new Clockwork Soldiers. Up the ante by accepting Contracts, which will help you find and eliminate optional targets throughout your mission.​
    • Customization: You’ll be able to make your gameplay, options, and difficulty settings uniquely tailored to your gaming preferences. You can make the game more challenging or easier by changing certain parameters related to stealth, movement, and combat.​

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    MINIMUM:
    Processor: Intel i5-2400 (4 core)/AMD FX-8320 (8 core)
    Memory: 8GB System RAM
    Graphics: NVidia GTX 660 2GB/AMD Radeon 7970 3GB
    Resolution: 1280x720
    Storage: 70GB of free space

RECOMMENDED:
    Windows 10 (64 bit version)
    Processor: Intel i7-4770 (4 core)/AMD FX-8350 (8 core)
    Memory: 16GB System RAM
    Graphics: NVidia GTX 1060 6GB/ AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    Storage: 70GB of free space

TRAILER

STEAM | $29.99

Posted Sep 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • No Habla Ingles? No Habla Ingles? x 1
  2. Hydra

Hydra she chose to save me Advisor

another one

Posted Sep 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Larry_Da_Lobster

Larry_Da_Lobster Living Like Larry Advisor

Posted Sep 14, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • No Habla Ingles? No Habla Ingles? x 1
  4. The Wall

The Wall Stands Advisor

Not a bad game

Posted Sep 14, 2017
  5. Coder

Coder Member

Posted Sep 14, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Faded

Faded Member

looks fun!

Posted Sep 14, 2017
  7. Peace

Peace Junior

OML YES I LOVE DISHONERED

Posted Sep 15, 2017
  8. Teben

Teben Junior

Pre-ordered it. ^^

Posted Sep 15, 2017
  9. Le Chair

Le Chair Member

I'm so happy I see most of my writing in this c:
    Great post! @becky

Posted Sep 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Recruit

i played the first two and loved them hopefully my pc can run this one too :(

Posted Sep 16, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.