CS TTT Detctives get slain for "rdm"

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Mango Tango, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Mango Tango

Mango Tango Junior

There are a countless number of people who have no idea how to play and go around doing absolutely nothing. More times than i can count, someone who doesn't know what there doing, does somehting traitorous at the start of the round whenever im a detective so i kill them. Low and behold, i get slain for rdm because someone doesn't know how to play. My suggestion is that detectives cant get auto slain for rdm. I know this could lead to mass rdm, but the people that do it will just get banned for it.

Posted Aug 13, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • No Habla Ingles? No Habla Ingles? x 1
  2. Cruels

Cruels Junior

I really dont understand the problem as its rdm any time you kill someone without being 100% sure they are a t

Edit: think i missunderstood the whole post, what exactly do you mean with "something traitorous"?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Posted Aug 13, 2017
  3. Something fishy, like reloading

Posted Aug 13, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. EXE KL

EXE KL Junior

That would mean we'd have to remove auto slay for innos too since they can be baited by traitorous actions too.

Posted Aug 13, 2017
  5. Well not really, Detectives are detectives while innocents just run around uselessly.

Posted Aug 13, 2017
    • No Habla Ingles? No Habla Ingles? x 1
  6. Cruels

Cruels Junior

woohoo then we can delete the entire innocent team amirite

Posted Aug 13, 2017
  7. Carter

Carter

So you are saying that Innocents are useless? If they Call a innocent kos and 2 other innocent call kos's on the SAME guy then you can kill them also it says in the rules
    You should NOT kill carelessly and without reasonable or valid evidence or justification. You ARE considered to be careful and reasonable by identifying a number of suspicious acts below that would logically indicate they are a traitor:
    So if you have 3 sus on 1 person you are allowed to kill them
    Suspicious Behavior
    You should NOT kill carelessly and without reasonable or valid evidence or justification. You ARE considered to be careful and reasonable by identifying a number of suspicious acts below that would logically indicate they are a traitor:
    • Aiming at, watching and stalking players (all three combined are a single act).
    • Not co-operating with Detectives or being tested.
    • Not responding in a reasonable time-frame when confronted with an accusation.
    • Being equipped with any traitor-only weapon.
    • Being the only one with the same weapon used to kill/injure someone else nearby their death.
    • Being called out for 'kill-on-sight' (KOS) by an Innocent.
    • Calling out a KOS on someone who did not damage you first and is an innocent.
    • Do not assume that a survivor of a gun-fight, or someone nearby a body is a Traitor - be alert, don't be mindless - identify the body and communicate.

Posted Aug 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. o
    k

Posted Aug 13, 2017
  9. wAFFLES

wAFFLES Member

This needs to be discussed in a different thread, but that line under Suspicious Behavior does NOT state that you can KOS for three bad inno KOSes. That line says you CAN follow one GOOD inno KOS, but a good KOS means they cite a traitorous behavior as the reason for the KOS. If its just three random innocents calling KOS without giving a good reason, you don't know if its two or even all three being traitors trying to get an inno killed. So saying you can kill for any number of bad inno KOSes or "3 sus" as you put it, is not good enough.

Also, I -1 this suggestion, for a couple of reasons.

If you're getting auto-slain at round start, either you're killing players with spawn protection, which is entirely your fault, or your karma is already too low. Killing a teammate while your karma is low will slay you no matter if spawn protection is on or off. And if THIS is the case, your karma is low for one of two reasons. Either you are repeatedly dealing with these "careless players" without getting your karma up first, or you are not playing carefully enough to begin with. The thing is, both of these can be resolved by playing more defensively and carefully. More often than not, people RDM when they get overexcited at the opportunity to finally kill someone as an innocent, but this is a bad mindset that stops people from thinking clearly. TTT is a psychological game. Letting emotions and adrenaline rule you is a quick way to a ban. I say this a lot, but you can choose NOT to kill someone being blatantly traitorous. A player spraying everywhere in the middle of an open area is more often a bad innocent than a cocky traitor. Traitors are reasonably expected to try and hide their traitorous actions, and if they're not trying to hide it, that should give you pause.

If they damage you first though, then it's self defense and you lose no karma. So play defensively, watch their actions, and if they damage you, then you have a pass to shoot them. This is my BIG SECRET to practically NEVER RDMing. Maybe you should apply it as well.

Posted Aug 13, 2017
  10. KorvaMeister

KorvaMeister The Master Maestro Recruit

Sorry but I don't understand what you're saying, it may be the idea or the way your selling it but I don't agree.

Posted Aug 13, 2017
  11. mchalifoux

mchalifoux Recruit

I know what u mean but then if a randy who is just playing does not read the rules and is a detective could rdm people and people that are just the trolls would also. Yes admins could ban people but there are times where admins are not on. But people could also report in the forums so I am going to go nuetral.

Posted Aug 13, 2017