GCC Affiliates With Prestige Gaming

Discussion in 'Community News' started by TheEmpPeacemaker, Jul 20, 2017.

1. dQqPBwt.png
    hello i am a placeholder to fix the homepage

Hey everybody!

My name is The Empathetic Peacemaker. I used to be the Director of Community Engagement at HeLLsGamers. While there, I helped create and oversee the HGCE Branch of HG, which includes seven different committees.

I'm here to discuss some big news about an organization our team has worked very hard to create and market over the past month and a half or so, along with some good news about us moving forward.

I'm happy to announce that our organization, Gaming Community Central (GCC for short) has officially partnered with Prestige Gaming! I'm also happy to announce that Abdul and KitKatPandaz have chosen to serve as Advisors for GCC, while Pestilence will serve as one of our two pG Community Ambassadors!

GCC was founded on the belief that server-based gaming communities were missing key opportunities to network and help each other out with achieving common goals. To do this, GCC is taking a three-pronged approach to increase inter-community activity: cross-community events, an aggregated news page, and our inclusive but principled GCC membership opportunity. By doing so, we hope to create a network of partnership and growth based on respect, fairness and cooperation that supports all communities involved.

If that sounds like something you wanna be a part of, then you're in luck. We're looking for new staff members, so be sure to check out our open staff positions here and contact me on Steam so we can work out the details. Keep in mind that if you currently hold a staff position in a community, you will be held to a stricter screening process and higher standards to prevent any conflicts of interest.

Check out our website to learn more about our organization and its plans to move forward here. Also, be sure to join our Discord to keep up with updates about GCC!

We're excited to start collaborating with Prestige and look forward to taking advantage of some fantastic opportunities to connect with pG and other communities :D

www.gamingcommunitycentral.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2017
    Posted Jul 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 20
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Abdul

Abdul Arabian Prince Director

https://www.prestige-gaming.org/threads/67056/page-2#post-512549

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Posted Jul 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. XanZan

XanZan Member

Ehm, what does this mean for us?

Posted Jul 22, 2017
  4. GCC is a network of gaming communities. We provide event coordination efforts and other benefits to affiliate communities.

What this means is that doing anything with other communities will become a lot easier :)

Posted Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Epic

Epic Member

WOW jeeez, that is some big news!!!!!

Really looking forward to more colabs.

Posted Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Duckers

Duckers Budget Abdul Advisor

Woo!

Posted Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Teben

Teben Conquer From Within Junior

Cool!

Posted Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Strafe

Strafe Recruit

Mm

Posted Jul 22, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Impact

Impact Member

Aha.

Posted Jul 22, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. How will this make anything easier lmao wtf is this

Posted Jul 22, 2017
  11. Mmmmmmm
    --- Post merged ---
    Several ways. For one, it centralizes many members of community leadership in one place. Our discord has members of management across many different communities, providing people easy access to interact directly with leadership in whichever community is listed. We will also host large cross-community events with considerable prize pools and assist our affiliated communities in their efforts to do so by helping organizing community teams, providing contacts to shoutcasters, help with gfx and more. We have plans for two gcc hosted events in the near future. We also have plans to give communities the option to opt into a universal bans list for ban worthy offenses all communities can agree are destructive, including malicious attacks and hacking. We will not force communities to opt into this.

This is all taking place under our umbrella of GCC members who, upon joining, took a pledge to uphold the basic standards listed on our website, which include having rules against malicious activity and to protect members from disrespectful behavior from staff.

Our network is free for communities to join, and we don't make a profit. I'd say our service does a lot of good.

Posted Jul 22, 2017
  12. NashZ

NashZ Junior

I'm failing to see the point of this. Does this mean we can participate in more multi-community events where we get DQ'd for a mistake that was actually irrelevant?

Posted Jul 22, 2017
  13. I'm sure you're citing the incident which took place during the HG CS:GO extravaganza, but using that example without its given context is fallacious in its nature. That event was run by HG and assisted by GCC, and is one of a few of the first of its kind. These events take time tor refine and perfect, and we're dedicated to doing so.

As for finding a point for our org, see my last post above or the website. You can also reach out to me as necessary, my steam profile is in the original post :)

Posted Jul 22, 2017
  14. Caz

Caz Member

ok..

Posted Jul 22, 2017
  15. A key distinction to make between GCC and something like the UN is that we will not impose our will onto the communities we work with. We aren't here to take control of a community's affairs, and none of the community's policies or procedures will change as a result of our partnership. We will not wrongfully intrude in any sense.

I'm sorry I'm speaking without much personality, but I wanna be thorough and transparent when I explain the fact that we're just out to help people take advantage of some cool opportunities for the gaming community scene that we haven't tried yet :)

Posted Jul 22, 2017
  16. XanZan

XanZan Member

So I am correct that at this time we are only participating with the events part of this organisation?

Posted Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ere

Ere Junior

So this is like the event coordinator community assist?

Posted Jul 22, 2017
  18. Yes. At this time, the folks here at prestige are helping us build our organization. Since we're so new, we have a lot of groundwork to lay down before we can make any significant advances towards more plans. Our first steps are to host and help with community events and link with communities who are also interested in that :)

I've lain out our plans for after we get settled on the website. For now, the event support and the networking benefits are what we offer.
    --- Post merged ---
    That's a big part of it! We'll be offering other services too. Communities can choose to opt in and out of our help too, depending on if they need/want it or not

Posted Jul 22, 2017
  19. This sounds like a waste of time IMO, we have the best fucking EC division we don't need no help homie

Posted Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  20. XanZan

XanZan Member

@Abdul can you please give your side of this , why we are in there , what you think we can benefit off?

Posted Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Teben

Teben Conquer From Within Junior

That sir just earned you a follow.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Posted Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  22. I understand you guys have a great Ec division, I've spent a decent amount of time speaking with some of the ECs.

I'm sorry several of you haven't responded as well to this idea so far. I see this as a way for prestige gaming to get their name out more and attract more attention in the realm of gaming. It's a win-win. We provide you different kinds of support, while prestige represents GCC well by running a community that enforces good moral standards.

Again, please keep asking questions. I won't abandon the thread (I do have to get to bed lol) until everyone has had their voice heard by me.

Posted Jul 22, 2017
  23. Voices

Voices moms spaghettios Junior

I prefer Abdul being the god and we are all his peasants...

Posted Jul 22, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Uhh, as weird as that sounds, I'm not going to be some overruler of gaming communities. Abdul still has full control of the community, that will never change...

Posted Jul 22, 2017
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. Riven

Riven QA Lackey Member

I see where this is all going, it's more expansive rather than close minded.. Which is nice but I'm iffy on how productive and efficient it will be.

Posted Jul 22, 2017