Indie Spotlight: The Low Road

Discussion in 'Community News' started by becky, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. becky

becky he chose to save me ♡ Advisor

header.png
    Artist: @nami | Writers: @Ritz @Benster | Editors: @Hydra @Qadassa

Release Details
    XGen Studios, the creator of the "Stick RPG" series, has created another Indie game based in the 70s titled The Low Road.
    The Low Road is set to release on July 26th for Mac and PC users for $19.99 on Steam. It will be a single-player, point-and-click game that offers Steam achievements, and is very similar to the popular point-and-click game, "The Walking Dead".

The Low Road has already received a few accolades, including GDC 2016's "Best in Play" award. The game has also been nominated for other awards for its impressive gameplay. If you're a fan of unique storytelling, point and click games, and a nice soundtrack, then The Low Road is the game for you.

Gameplay
    This game is placed in the 1970s, specifically 1976, where you play as the characters Noomi and Turn. Noomi, the fresh graduate is paired with Turn, her supervisor who is a former government agent. As they progress together, they realize that the corporate rivalry is something more, requiring them to lie, manipulate, and question their positions.

You have just been hired at a new job and your mission, as their spy, is to reveal game-changing news that you must get your hands on before other spies. You are to do this while protecting your own company's secrets from other spies. Conceal your identity by role-playing others and playing it safe. The Low Road will test your knowledge and ability to be a spy by giving you the option to choose a response in situations. Choosing the wrong one may lead to unwanted life altering events. Alongside conversational puzzles, the game features over 15 first-person puzzles to complete.

Your telephone will be your best friend; one of the best tactics for the job in the '70s is to use the telephone. Undetected and unseen, two mandatory traits of being a spy and they are already conquered by using the telephone. This '70s-themed game looks tremendous with a very interesting digitally painted illustration style and shall be one thought-provoking game. Challenge yourself by playing The Low Road and master the occupation of a spy.

System Requirements
    Minimum for Windows:
    Processor: 2.0GHz dualcore
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Graphics: DirectX 10 Compatible Video Card
    DirectX: Version 10
    Storage: 6 GB available space
    Sound Card: Embedded

Minimum for Mac:
    Processor: 2.0GHz dualcore
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Graphics: DirectX 10 Compatible Video Card
    Storage: 6 GB available space
    Sound Card: Embedded

Trailer

Posted Jul 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Benster

Benster Member

HYPEEE

Posted Jul 19, 2017
  3. Ritz

Ritz Member

I LOVE XGEN STUDIOS.

Posted Jul 19, 2017
  4. Teben

Teben Member

@nami i love the picture.

Posted Jul 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Megoni

Megoni Junior

Love the artstyle, looking forward to buying this!

Posted Jul 20, 2017
  6. Duny

Duny Junior

omg that image is so nicee

Posted Jul 21, 2017
  7. Thorium

Thorium Junior

Loved Stick RPG 2, maybe I'll love this.

Posted Jul 23, 2017
  8. Oblivion

Oblivion Recruit

Looks good, I thought it was a racing game though

Posted Jul 31, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.