Ah, the joys of school-sponsored college courses!

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by OSTKCabal, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Our school here offers this nifty little program that allows High School student to take Career-Preperation Community College classes that are fully paid for by my School District. I've decided to sign up for the Information Technology side of things!

Over the course of late 2013-2014, I am going to a Community College course that will teach me the following:

- Computer Hardware Basics
    - CISCO Networking
    - Linux Network Administration
    - Windows Network Administration

The end result of this is that I will be eligible to receive certification in CISCO networking and Linux/Windows Network Administration at a 1-year level.

I'm excited!

Posted Jan 24, 2013
  2. Sounds great, but i can teach you everything in computer hardware basics and more for free and you dont have to wait a year. The CISCO and windows network sounds great but around businesses they dont use linux for network administration.

Posted Jan 24, 2013
  3. You'd be surprised. In my line of work, which is dedicated servers and Gameservers, Linux knowledge is an absolute must.

Posted Jan 24, 2013
  4. My school has IB courses (international baccalaureate) which has world standard college level courses

they are so very hard (I am aiming for the IB diploma)

The diploma requires 2 years IB in each core class, one IB elective, Foreign Language level 5, 150 CAS Hours, and a CAS Project not to mention the rigorous IB exams

so good luck to you ;)

Posted Jan 24, 2013
  5. yeah i guess i havnt seen a whole lot of that cabal, but i can teach you everyone on basic computer hardware way better than them and for free

Posted Jan 24, 2013
  6. You're meaning to tell me that a random guy I meet on the Internet (That's you.), who can't capitalize for that matter (Also you.), will be able to teach me hardware basics better than a College-level Professor.

Posted Jan 24, 2013
  7. First off, I don't use grammar correctly very often on the internet. But, I am saying that i can go more in depth because its hardware BASICS. And teach you better than that professor, yes I am saying that. Now someone who specializes in in-depth hardware maybe no so much.

Posted Jan 25, 2013
  8. I personally think that the school education for computer related stuff is highly outdated.

You could practically learn anything your teachers/professors tell you in 10 semesters (or 5 years or whatever) in about 3 months of hard work with enthusiasm. Essentially, I actually like to believe that this works out far better than any "must learn education system" any country momentarily has. Since you are aware of what you are going to be looking up tutorials for, I think you have already brought the desire to learn something new.

But, yeah.. Be prepared for long ass introductions of the beginning of the internet and punchcards.

Posted Jan 25, 2013
  9. Yes, that is a very nice point Tharnawn. But me and a few other people could teach people better and more complete and in less time about computer hardware. And for free. :)

Posted Jan 25, 2013
  10. Tenshi

Tenshi

this^

Posted Jan 25, 2013
  11. The fact that I am certified by the end of this and that I don't have to pay a dime other than gas money is the real drawing factor of the program that is being offered by my school.

Posted Jan 25, 2013
  12. Well i can teach you wayy more in much little time, it would be a waste of your time to take that computer hardware basics class.

Posted Jan 25, 2013
  13. I'm not going to take your offer, lmao. I already know everything I need to with Hardware basics, but it is required to take the rest of the courses. It's just the way it is, bud, and that isn't changing.

Posted Jan 25, 2013
  14. Mmhkay, icyprotocol would tell you otherwise but w/e you want, trust me, ur wasting your time.

Posted Jan 25, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.