Audio buzzing due to microphone.

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Golden, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golden

Golden

Okay, so I just started writing this post about buzzing sound coming from my speakers and headsets when I start a game and even when idling, but while in the middle of writing this post, I unplugged my microphone to troubleshoot it and it cleared all the buzzing from my speakers and headphones entirely.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this problem? Before I unplugged my mic, I noticed a faint buzzing and white noise when idling, so I turned my volume down enough to not hear it. But when I started a game like BL2 or Skyrim, it would get exponentially louder and break all possible immersion. Now there is no buzzing or white noise whatsoever since I unplugged my mic. What's the deal? I'm getting a new mic at some point but I would still be interested in knowing what could be causing this. Just a faulty cord?

Posted Jan 21, 2013
  2. 1. Get a new mic
    2. Telling us what mic it is would help a lot
    3. Can you hear yourself when you talk like through the headphones
    4. Do people hear you great when you talk?
    5. Have you ran over the cord, does it look any different, has your dog chewed on it??

Posted Jan 21, 2013
  3. Golden

Golden

I think the problem may actually be with which ports I'm using; I was using the ports on the front of my PC which must be faulty, so I switched to the back and it seems to be much better.

Posted Jan 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.