New youtube channel

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Fidget, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fidget

Fidget

I am thinking of starting a youtube channel since I love to game, and been asked many times if I have one cause I am funny and should have one. Anyways, what should I record with? I am thinking I want my videos to be around 15 mins long. Any suggestion???

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  2. Well if you're just recording PC gaming then u should consider fraps. I've used it in the past and its great :)
    Btw, you'll have to post ur youtube name once ur up and running. You'll be a great commentator =p

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  3. Fidget

Fidget

that is top on my list, unless I find something better

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  4. [MENTION=1426]JessicaJoy[/MENTION] is the pro on this. She can help you.
    Record with Fraps (piratebay)
    Edit with camtasia (Ill get you a code)
    Play games you like, dont play games you dont like.
    I can also help you, and co-op with you.
    One thing though...dont start out making 15 min videos. Split it up into parts, and youtube has a 15 min exact deadline when you first start out, so if you go over, you will be able to upload it, and when your done waiting the 2 hours, it will say you cant upload it...I learned the hard way. Make videos from anywhere from 6-12 minutes. It will take less time to upload too.

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  5. Fidget

Fidget

seems like your a pro too :p

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  6. A beginning pro.

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  7. Make sure to always sound check before you start to record.

Root Beer pretty much stated everything I told him. There are little things that you will pick up on the way.

Something I always tell people is to not over-load yourself. Figure out what you want to do with your channel. Gameplay no commentary, gameplay w/ post commentary, gameplay w/ live commentary, Let's Plays, montages, etc etc. Once you find what you really want to do, stick with that. If you really want more help, add me on Steam. I work with other YouTubers (small and some bigger)

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  8. Fidget

Fidget

thanks!!! :D

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  9. Do you work with Minnesota Burns?

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  10. No

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  11. oh ok I was just wondering since he has such a popular youtube channel

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  12. He does. But I work with "some" bigger names. Not huge ..but bigger.

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  13. like?

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  14. wickedshranpel is one. Just small work.
    Unkemptpubes I have done art for.

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  15. cool

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  16. Big Boss

Big Boss Member

Getting back to the subject of fidget's youtube channel.

A youtube channel takes a lot of dedication if you want to get subscribers. You have to have a better editing program than Windows Movie Maker, and good microphone quality. You also have to spend time on your videos, make sure you give it your all on every video.

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  17. Fidget

Fidget

Posted Jan 15, 2013
  18. Posted Jan 15, 2013
  19. Starting on YouTube is hard. I've got 22,749 video views altogether and only 51 Subscribers. I would gladly help you out Fidget, if you needed it.

-Jay.

Posted Jan 15, 2013
  20. I Record with Fraps and edit with Camtasia.. Fraps is Cracked already by tons of people search Cracked Fraps and you can find it lol Camtasia has trials or like said above Rootbeer may get you a code :p Tell me your channel name when you make it lol im sure you will do great :p just need some help to get you going from some people :D

Posted Jan 15, 2013
  21. record with camtasia and is your getting another editing program sony vegas to edit

Posted Jan 15, 2013
  22. That is true you just need to post videos almost everyday to grow faster and don't get lazy like Reta

Posted Jan 15, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.