Why has my ping high only on the servers :/

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Valax, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valax

Valax

When im going to be play TTT or deathrun and the ping been in the 1000s and 900s help :/

Posted Jan 11, 2013
  2. Force

Force

Try restarting your internet?

Posted Jan 11, 2013
  3. our servers are hosted in (i think) chicago
    if you're internet is really bad and you live pretty far gl getting good ping

Posted Jan 11, 2013
  4. Yeah if it's not that call ur ISP and see what they can do for you

Posted Jan 11, 2013
  5. Make sure that you are not uploading/downloading anything on your network. For example, im uploading a youtube video, my ping is 1276, and when its done, it'll go down to 70 or 80

Posted Jan 11, 2013
  6. yeah what ^she said jkjk but yeah do make sure of that and call your ISP if you cant find anything else, they would be happy to help you

Posted Jan 11, 2013
  7. Brotox

Brotox

What you want to do is take bandwidth into account. Bandwidth is like a highway for data. The more people that use the bandwidth, the more traffic there is, and the slower your internet is. So for example, if you have 4 computers in your house and they're all connected to your network, they will suck up all of your bandwidth and render your connection slow with high ping. Obviously disconnecting these computers from the internet will free up some space.
    ------------------------------------
    Another thing you can do is reset your modem. A lot of data collects over time and clogs up your transfer rate. Resetting your modem can fix this.
    Another big problem is location, if the server is hosted in North America, and you live in Europe, you're going to have high ping. The data takes much longer to transfer.
    Other problems could be to outdated firmware, hardware, or faults in your cables. If you still have problems and you did NOT alter your hardware, then your provider will more than likely fix it for free.

-Tox

Posted Jan 12, 2013
  8. Posted Jan 12, 2013
  9. Probably because your internet or You live far away from where the servers are hosted! Or look it up on Google! :D

Posted Jan 13, 2013
  10. Well i live in Australia and my ping is 200-250, it shouldn't be in the 1000s

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  11. My ping is roughly 80 - 250. Unsure why it goes through that, most likely as I am in Britain. In English servers, the best ping I had was 7 - 13.

-Jay.

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  12. Fidget

Fidget

my ping be around 12-21 XD my ping is amazing... sorry didn't mean to rub it in.

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  13. See Fidget, this is why people call you mean. First of all you hunt me down with a crowbar and now this! ;)

-Jay.

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  14. Fidget

Fidget

;_; people call me mean?? D': and that was cause you killed me for no reason first!!

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  15. In the server yesterday someone called you mean. xD, then you wouldn't talk for ages, which wasn't good. D:

But I don't think you're mean. Just aggressive towards NinjaHippyFish's.

-Jay.

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  16. Fidget

Fidget

oh yeah that was infinite

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  17. Yeah. :3 He's mean.

-Jay.

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  18. dont be mean to fidget, fidget is a babe

Posted Jan 14, 2013
  19. CaffeinePizza

CaffeinePizza Member

Do you have satellite internet? :p

Posted Jan 20, 2013
  20. rosy91

rosy91

I will help you.
    Ping varies wildly from game-to-game.
    I would suggest you to keep the following instructions while playing online game.
    1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
    2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager
    3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
    4.Move closer to server
    I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check whether it's your ping is reduced or not using WhoisXY.com

Posted Dec 19, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.