Expanding to Overwatch

Discussion in 'Overwatch' started by Exo Pulse, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exo Pulse

Exo Pulse Junior

With the new server browser coming out in Overwatch, I believe we can make Pg servers over there to further expand our community. Reply down below on whether you would think that this is a good or bad idea with your reasoning. I would love to hear from all of you. We should also get Abdul to see this, as I think that this could work.

Posted Feb 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Abdul is still trash at Overwatch

Posted Feb 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. BedTime

BedTime Junior

This would be so amazing to see. I would love to have some pg dedicated servers to play on. I play OW just as much as CSGO and it's probably what I'm doing if nobody sees me playing on CSGO.

Posted Feb 17, 2017
  4. Riven

Riven QA Lackey Member

Posted Feb 18, 2017
  5. Jay

Jay Member

I'm pretty sure it was kinda already decided by Abdul that we would spread to OW if they did dedicate server support. But the thing is admining. also the servers are 12 slots? only so to have any presence within it we would need a lot of servers.

Posted Feb 18, 2017
  6. becky

becky he chose to save me ♡ Advisor

I like Converses.

as for the server browser, I haven't seen it talk anywhere about having dedicated community servers. The server browser doesn't sound like it would be able to function with a community due to the number of servers required for the number of members we have that play and to find people that wish to admin. There isn't enough support towards them planning for community servers for it to be viable.

Posted Feb 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jacko

Jacko Member

Seems interesting to try. Still not sure what popular game modes will be most demanding during the opening of servers in OW. I'll keep a close eye on that

+1

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Posted Feb 18, 2017
  8. Jon

Jon Member

There isn't really anything for us to expand to other than a team (or having a group of people who play together frequently).

Honestly, both of those things can happen without official support.

Posted Feb 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Duckers

Duckers I am thou Advisor

The problem with the new server browser feature for overwatch is that their not our own servers.

We can't kick and ban the players from them and they dont stay up permanently. We would have to have someones constantly on overwatch constantly managing the gamemode in order to make it stay up.

Sure, it would be fun to have on keep running but I don't think we could advertise pg on there.

Its worth a shot at least

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Posted Feb 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Exo Pulse

Exo Pulse Junior

I have talked to Abdul about this concept, so there is no further need to reply.

Posted Mar 6, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. just because you talked to abdul doesn't mean opinions on the matter are invalidated or no longer required

Posted Mar 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Hydra

Hydra she chose to save me Advisor

True^

I don't own this game, so yea
    I wouldn't mind it :)

Posted Mar 6, 2017
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  13. Rick Astley

Rick Astley Recruit

I love overwatch and am lonely would enjoy having a pg server to see some of my friends [ not that i have any ] on overwatch.

Posted Apr 16, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.