Game Spotlight: For Honor

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Qadassa, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qadassa

Qadassa Division Manager

for honri.png
    Artist: @becky | Writer: @xValence | Editor: @Qadassa @Hydra

Release Details
    Ubisoft Montreal is back with another highly awaited game, For Honor. Ubisoft Montreal was originally founded in 1997 as a developer for small projects. However, as time passed, they started to grow in size and now have developed popular game series such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy, and Watch Dogs.

For their next game, Ubisoft Montreal is releasing For Honor. For Honor is an online multiplayer hack and slash action game that also includes a campaign. It is set to be released on the Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on February 14th, 2017.

The game will be sold in 4 different editions:

Standard ($59.99) - Base game
    Deluxe ($69.99) - Base game and exclusive Day One content
    Gold ($99.99) - Deluxe content and a Season Pass
    Collector’s ($129.99) - Gold Edition content and a Collector’s Box, which contains 3 individual Faction helmets on a stand, the game’s soundtrack, and an exclusive lithograph.

There also is an open beta, which is happening from February 9th to the 12th.

Gameplay
    As said before, For Honor is an online multiplayer hack and slash action game. It is set in a fantasy-like world in a medieval time period.

In the campaign, your end-goal is to prevent a bloodthirsty warlord named Apollyon from creating an age of all-out war from the manipulation of each faction. You are able to play as a variety of characters from different factions to try and prevent an all-out-war.

In multiplayer, there are a variety of game modes which you are able to fight other players in. However, unique to the multiplayer, you are able to customize your character, as in change their gender, armor, and other things. There are a total of 5 different game modes:

Dominion - a 4v4 gamemode where you must capture and hold zones in a battlefield. The longer it is held, the more points you earn. After a team reaches a certain amount of points, they must eliminate the other team to win.

Skirmish - a 4v4 gamemode where you gain points for killing enemies. The team that has the highest score when time runs out will win.

Elimination - a 4v4 gamemode where the team that eliminates the other team first wins the match.

Brawl - a 2v2 gamemode in which you and your teammate must eliminate the enemy duo to win.

Duel - a 1v1 gamemode where the objective is to kill the other player to win.

There are a total of 3 different multiplayer maps, each one representing a different faction. First, you have the Map of the Legion. This Knight map is called the Citadel Gate and represents bulwarks defending their homeland from invaders. Next, we have the Map of the Chosen. This Samurai map is called Overwatch and is a huge stronghold that is built directly on a mountain crest. Finally, we have the Map of the Warborn. This Viking map is called River Fort and is a fortress that was founded close to a river and the sea.

The fighting system is called “Art of Battle.” It triggers when a player encounters an enemy that has higher health and is stronger than them. After it triggers, the players enter a dueling mode where they must aim their attacks toward their opponent. Players can then choose the positioning of their weapon from either the left, right, or above. As the player duels the opponent, the player can notice weak spots of the opponent and prioritize these spots for attacks. By positioning your character correctly, you are able to block characters’ attacks. In addition to this, players have the ability to barge into enemies and perform back-stepping swipes. You are able to choose the strength of each attack, giving you the option to perform a strong or weak attack.

When the player performs certain actions, they earn Feats. These Feats allow the player to unlock additional perks such as additional points, strength, a barrage of arrows, a catapult, or even heal themselves. Most of the time, the player will be assisted in their mission by AI-controlled minions. These minions are considerably weaker than players and do not pose a threat to the enemy team.

Friendly-fire is also enabled, meaning that you are able to attack your own team either intentionally or unintentionally.

Characters
    As mentioned before, this game includes three different factions that represents the Knights, Samurai, and Vikings. Each faction has 4 different class types:

Vanguard - a balanced class with a good offensive and defensive kit
    Assassin - a fast and deadly class with a good offensive kit, using quick strikes and fast movement
    Heavy - a slow, but tanky class. Useful for capturing and holding points
    Hybrid - a combination of all three class types. They are able to use "uncommon" skills

More heroes will be added by Ubisoft later on, but right now we only have the standard Kensei, Orchi, Shugoki, and Nobushi of the Samurai, Raiders, Berserkers, Warlords, and Valkyrie of the Vikings, and Warden, Peacekeeper, Conqueror, and Lawbringer of the Knights. Each of these are heroes with different abilities, weapons, and fighting styles.

System Requirements

MINIMUM:
    OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
    Processor: Intel Core i3-550 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 or equivalent
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX660/GTX750ti/GTX950/GTX1050 with 2 GB VRAM or more OR AMD Radeon HD6970/HD7870/R9 270/R9 370/RX460 with 2 GB VRAM or more
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 40 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX-Compatible using the latest drivers

RECOMMENDED:

OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K | AMD FX-6350 or equivalent
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX680/GTX760/GTX970/GTX1060 with 2 GB VRAM or more OR AMD Radeon R9 280X/R9 380/RX470 with 2 GB VRAM or more
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 40 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX-Compatible using the latest drivers

Trailers

Posted Feb 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. becky

becky he chose to save me ♡ Advisor

oh boy

Posted Feb 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hugo

Hugo Junior

neat

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  4. xValence

xValence Advisor

hey, i wrote that

: )

Posted Feb 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Jay

Jay Member

ooo if only I could run it ;-;

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  6. The Wall

The Wall Stands Advisor

noice

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  7. this is my type of game

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  8. Larry_Da_Lobster

Larry_Da_Lobster Living Like Larry Advisor

Actually sounds pretty cool

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  9. Baefy

Baefy Member

awesome :^)

Posted Feb 7, 2017

10. 46 seconds

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  11. StoneRox

StoneRox Member

Pretty great game. I played in the Closed Beta and it seemed like a very unique game. The open beta starts Friday for anyone who wants to try it out.

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  12. Cpt.Vegas

Cpt.Vegas Member

Tested the game: The mechanics are broken and slow, it is obviously a console game, doesn't fit PC at all.... the graphics run good and its optimized well. The core game is boring and slow as all you do it hit and block from different angles. It's almost just a live, die, repeat kinda deal just with hits and block.

If you must buy the game, get it on console as the movements are slow af on PC.

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  13. ayLambo

ayLambo

kool

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  14. Hydra

Hydra she chose to save me Advisor

Cool

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  15. Caz

Caz Member

oh man

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  16. Sexypotato

Sexypotato Recruit

kewl gg

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  17. StoneRox

StoneRox Member

Saying the game is hitting and blocking is like saying csgo is just shooting. Very shallow judgement

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  18. Riven

Riven QA Lackey Member

oh me god

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  19. Teben

Teben Junior

Same, Hehe. Got a 6 Year old computer, can't even launch Overwatch and i got 70ping on CS. :/ Drops down to 30 around Smokes and smokes from grenades and molotoves...:(

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  20. Benster

Benster Member

coolio

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  21. Jay

Jay Member

It's called FPS.

Posted Feb 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Teben

Teben Junior

Omfg, i always make that mistake. I think FPS but write Ping, ahhh... Frustrating, sorry.:(:mad::confused::oops:

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  23. Unvirginizer

Unvirginizer Member

The game itself looks pretty interesting, not sure If I'll buy it.

Posted Feb 7, 2017
  24. Arbiter

Arbiter hugos left arm Advisor

Look alright. Might try the beta.

Posted Feb 8, 2017
  25. Gizzy

Gizzy

you're right. theres also aiming

Posted Feb 9, 2017
    • No Habla Ingles? No Habla Ingles? x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.