Steam issues

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by rileyray1, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, I have been trying to get into Tf2 and it keeps telling me that the game is unavailable, please try again at another time. I will wait a few days, and it will still not work. Any suggestions?

Posted Dec 2, 2012
  2. Hmm, how long has this been happening?

Posted Dec 2, 2012
  3. Well, give or take a week ago.

Posted Dec 2, 2012
  4. Onyx

Onyx

What is your internet speed? That could be causing the problem.

Posted Dec 2, 2012
  5. Nah it's not that because, it was working before we increased the internet speed and afterwords. Is there a way I can re install the game without loosing all of my data?

Posted Dec 3, 2012
  6. Jed_

Jed_

try loading another game, if you get the error "This game is Unavailable" then you need to re-install steam, which means you will need to re-install all your games as well, if not, re-install TF2

Posted Dec 4, 2012
  7. The other games are fine, how do I re install steam?

Posted Dec 4, 2012
  8. Well now it looks like it is re installing itself when I tried to open it today. Hopefully that will do the trick. See you guys on the harvest server :D

Posted Dec 4, 2012
  9. Well that didn't work, I am going to steam support.

Posted Dec 4, 2012
  10. Jed_

Jed_

to re-install steam go to the steam website then click download steam

Posted Dec 5, 2012
  11. I get this problem from time to time to, but launching the game from different locations seems to help.

If you launch the game from inside of Steam, such as clicking on the name, grid image, etc. try opening TF2 from right clicking the Steam Logo, on the bottom right hand-side of your taskbar.
    Attempt to launch TF2 from there.

If that doesn't work, try going into the TF2 directory (C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Your_Steam_Name/Team Fortress 2) and opening HL2. This will boot the base of TF2, but not the game itself.
    After booting HL2, you probably won't notice anything, but attempt to launch TF2 from inside Steam or on the taskbar again.

If HL2 crashes and you get a message, try booting TF2 again.

If nothing works from this, I'm really unsure of what to do.

Also, what OS do you have?

Posted Dec 5, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.