Gmod Perp messed up

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Forever An Apple, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When I joined the Gmod Perp server, All I see is heads on pink glitchy bodies. And there are pink checkboxes every where with Giant Error signs... Can someone help?

Posted Sep 7, 2012
  2. having the checkboxes and error signs usually means you have missing textures, but idk why it would do that if you have used them before. Try restarting steam / gmod, or clearing your cache files. If that doesn't work, your whole gmod might be messed up meaning you need to re-install. Thats really unusual :/

Posted Sep 7, 2012
  3. Occasionally it happens. What he said......^^. Also it could be as simple as reconnecting to the server without even exiting Gmod.

Posted Sep 7, 2012
  4. EchO0

EchO0

That or you don't have HL2 (Which most of the models/materials came from), DoD:S, Portal and CSS, which is the main source to showing big error signs or purple and black textures is because you don't have them. I don't have HL2 but I downloaded the content in our GMOD discussion thread stickied and most of the models work for me. All I see is the purple and black clothes on people but it's not really an issue. Try doing that and maybe it will help. They'll have to be moved your gmod folder otherwise they won't work

(Can be found how to do so here) C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\steamapps\yourusername\garrysmod\garrysmod folder.

Here's a link to the content
    http://www.prestige-gaming.org/showthread.php?t=2561

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
    Posted Sep 7, 2012
  5. Thanks!

Posted Sep 8, 2012
  6. Do I download the content files? Because I already downloaded it.

Posted Sep 8, 2012
  7. DGVids

DGVids

I have the same issue you do, which is purple and black grass and some error signs but it's only missing HL2 textures so you shouldn't have to worry. It doesn't really interfere with the game play unless you have something 10x worse than missing graphics. If you want to fix that in its entirety you will need to buy HL2: Episode 1 and HL2: Episode 2. Which I think is $7 a piece.

Hope I helped.

Posted Sep 8, 2012
  8. Darn, ok.

Posted Sep 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.