300 ping?

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Forever An Apple, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can someone help me? My internet is really laggy lately. I got 300 ping and CAN NOT play tf2. Can someone help?
    [​IMG]

Posted Sep 5, 2012
  2. Big Boss

Big Boss Member

Someone in your family is downloading illegal programs.

Posted Sep 5, 2012
  3. What no lol

Posted Sep 5, 2012
  4. Were you downloading a game on Steam?

Posted Sep 5, 2012
  5. No, I made sure I wasn't downloading anything.

Posted Sep 5, 2012
  6. This could be a problem i've read about recently.

Everytime you run your steam games the memory is used more and more till you come up empty.

Posted Sep 6, 2012
  7. My School's internet.
    [​IMG]

Posted Sep 7, 2012
  8. Cpt. Hopi

Cpt. Hopi Recruit

Lol, you got to remember, school internets need to have a huge amount of bandwidth for a reason on that one. Max you would get on that is about 1MB (not Mbps)

Although, a few things I would check first.
    1. Is your internet connection set properly through Steam Settings in the download tab I believe it's called. Judging by your 9Mbps, I'm guessing you have cable/fiber.
    2. Make sure if your behind a router, that your ports are properly opened.
    3. Make sure your rates are set ingame. (ex: rate 25000, cl_cmdrate 100, cl_updaterate 100)
    4. Another not so known issues is your computer itself. What I mean by this is, if you have a shitty comp like me, the processor cannot handle all the data itself, and it lags your internet. Although this is mainly if you have a really bad comp, and can barely handle TF2 on low settings (Like me :p)

Other than that, I don't know what could be causing lag. Also is it only TF2, our servers, a server?

Posted Sep 7, 2012
  9. rosy91

rosy91

If your ping rate is high ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.
    1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
    2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager
    3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
    4.Use any software like Game Booster
    5.Move closer to server
    I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check whether it's your ping is reduced or not using Whoisxy.com

Posted May 23, 2013
  10. you should reset your router and make sure your wifi is password protected

Posted Jun 2, 2013
  11. I always turn up the fan speed on my ATI (graphics) card before playing TF2. Make sure it's not overheating.

Also may I remind you that a 3-digit PING is how the pros do it.

Posted Jun 3, 2013
  12. rosy91

rosy91

Did you get any ping problem while playing online games?
    If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.
    1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
    2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager
    3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
    4.Use any software like Game Booster
    5.Move closer to server
    I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your new ping using WhoisXY.com

Posted Nov 15, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.