How Do I Get Promoted & Admin?

Discussion in 'Need Help? Ask Here!' started by Abdul, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Abdul

Abdul Arabian Prince Director

Please read the entire thread to ensure you fully understand how you can go from being a -pg- recruit to [pG] junior. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

We are always looking to promote -pg- recruits who show potential and maturity, but as with any large community it is a difficult task to know every individual -pg- recruit. To overcome this difficulty, we devised a simple promotions system to helps us recognize those who make an effort to get their maturity known and supported the community in the process, all on the ...

The Promotions Page

When we create promotion lists or field promotions, we use the promotions page to see which -pg- recruits we should consider for a promotion. If you are not on that page, then you would not get promoted. More importantly, if you are not on the first few pages, then your priority is really low - this means you did not make an effort to get your maturity known, so we are not able to make a decision to whether or not you should be promoted.​

How do I get FREE Admin?

Your first step is to become a -pg- recruit, and then get promoted to [pG] Junior by proving your maturity.

Once you are promoted to [pG] Junior, you will have admin-access on all our servers.​

How do I get promoted to [pG] Junior?

Before you can be considered for a promotion, you must satisfy the following 3 requirements:
    1. You must have been a -pg- recruit for at-least 2 weeks.
    2. You must make 5 forum posts.
    3. You must write reviews on a total of 5 -pg- recruits or [pG] juniors.
    Once all 3 requirements are satisfied, you will be automatically listed on our Promotions page among all -pg- recruits under consideration in the priority order of Most Points. You gain points for demonstrating your maturity and your dedication to the community. If your maturity is not well known, then you can expect it to take much longer, or never happen.

How do I prove my maturity & gain points?

You will receive "points" for the following actions that demonstrate your maturity and dedication:
    • +1 point for each forum post you create (max 25 points).
    • +5 points for each review you write on -pg- recruits or [pG] juniors (max 50 points).
    • +10 points for each positive review you receive.
    • +20 points for each person you recruit into the community.
    • +50 points for being a Premium (donate).
    The more points you have, the higher priority you will have when being considered for a promotion.​

What do we consider when judging maturity?

A mature person is defined by their actions and the way they handle challenges - including:
    • Your ability to be truthful.
    • Your ability to make an effort.
    • Your ability to follow the rules.
    • Your ability to remain calm under pressure.
    • Your ability to treat people right, not letting your emotions control you.
    • Your ability to improve things or accept them in their state and make the best out of them.
    • Your ability to not be a burden to your friends and the community.
    • Your ability to follow and have an understanding of the procedures and chain of command.
    Everyone in the community can judge your maturity by writing a review via the forums and in-game.
    Other helpful information

How do I check if I satisfy the 3 requirements, and my progress/points?

If you head over to the Promotions page, it will tell you whether your satisfy the requirements and the amount of points you have (your priority).
    I'm mature, why haven't I been promoted?

It's great to hear that you know you're mature, but if you are not active, how do you expect anyone to know if you are mature? We want to promote every mature recruit, but we cannot promote you unless we know you are mature.

Getting your maturity known is extremely easy, just socialize and participate in the community, this includes: getting to know recruits, juniors and members; socializing on teamspeak; posting on the forums; attending events; posting ban reports on troublesome players; attending server filling drives and helping to fill the servers.

All those efforts will help you get your maturity known; and the more you do it, the quicker you will be promoted.
    How long does it take to be promoted?

There is no set time. It can take weeks or months before you get promoted - whatever time is necessary to determine your maturity more clearly without doubt. Refer to the question "I'm mature, why haven't I been promoted" for more information.
    How do I recommend someone for a promotion?

You can recommend -pg- Recruits or [pG] Juniors for a promotion by using the reviews system via the forums or in-game. You can also use the same system to tell us who we shouldn't promote.

You can learn how to write a review here: http://www.prestige-gaming.org/threads/30856/
    How do I "recruit" to get points?

Recruiting is extremely easy, all you have to do is get people who play on our servers to join the community.

You can learn how to recruit here: https://www.prestige-gaming.org/threads/38736/

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Posted Jan 27, 2013
  2. you can stop getting the email replys by simply clicking the x button when you hover or the promtion email.

Posted Feb 12, 2016
  3. Philbill

Philbill

I know this is a small thing, but the hyperlink is invalid.
    Just thought I should point it out :)

Posted Mar 20, 2016
  4. Architect of Life

Architect of Life Member

Fixed.

Posted Mar 20, 2016
  5. Wiggly

Wiggly Recruit

My promotions page says I don't have any points. Is that broken or do I have to do everything from scratch?

Heheh. Scratch. Because cat.

Posted Mar 20, 2016
  6. Universe

Universe Wings to make legends fly Division Manager

You have to fulfill the requirements before you can earn any points.

Posted Mar 20, 2016
  7. Wiggly

Wiggly Recruit

I mean I've written tons of reviews in the past and done all the other stuff including being DS, my question is do I have to treat it as if I'd never done any of that before and do it all again or is it broken?

Posted Mar 20, 2016
  8. Universe

Universe Wings to make legends fly Division Manager

Since you have left the community yes you are treated as a new recruit.

Posted Mar 20, 2016
  9. Moleman

Moleman

I honestly forgot he had changed his profile pic and was like why did they pin one of these shiposts about how can i get admin

Posted Apr 2, 2016
  10. Jglake

Jglake

So this post isn't locked? Huh I thought it would be. Well when you get to a certain rank can you see your reviews?

Posted May 10, 2016
  11. No, once you get Member your reviews page disappears.

Not even Advisors can see your reviews as Member.

Posted May 10, 2016
  12. Jglake

Jglake

Will I ever learn if I have negative reviews?

Posted May 10, 2016
  13. Jglake

Jglake

Not even like who and what it says but more like the number of negative reviews I have. I can easily decipher the amount of positive ones via the point system but I mainly want to know about negative reviews.

Posted May 10, 2016
  14. No.

Posted May 10, 2016
  15. Sasaki

Sasaki

Is it mandatory to be active in the Teamspeak in order to be promoted?
    I mainly keep to the game and now forum and pretty much nothing else.

Posted Jun 6, 2016
  16. alkon

alkon

You need to apply first! If you didnt yet https://www.prestige-gaming.org/apply

Posted Jun 6, 2016
  17. Sasaki

Sasaki

Posted Jun 6, 2016
  18. Architect of Life

Architect of Life Member

It's not mandatory, but it is something that's valued and encouraged.

Posted Jun 6, 2016
  19. Sasaki

Sasaki

Oh, okay. Thanks.

Posted Jun 6, 2016
  20. Thanks This Thread Helps Alot

Posted Jul 26, 2016
  21. This may seem dumb but what are reviews and how do I make them? :confused:

Posted Aug 8, 2016
  22. Philbill

Philbill

Reviews are something that help us determine promotions and a player's overall attitude and maturity. If you would like to make a review, you can go to any recruit or junior member's profile and click on the blue tab that says "Reviews". It is right next to the information tab if you have trouble finding it. If you click on reviews, you should see a space where you can write your review out and also an option to choose if the review your writing is positive or negative. It is always set to positive by default, so don't worry about changing it every time you use it.

Posted Aug 8, 2016
  23. Couch

Couch

It wasn't dumb if you're new to the forums my dude.

Posted Aug 8, 2016
  24. How long does it take to get points from recruiting people?

Posted Aug 11, 2016
  25. cole

cole

Not along time

Posted Aug 11, 2016