PERP error!!!

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by A_Hostage, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A_Hostage

A_Hostage Member

Whenever I try to play it, it has to install everything. It takes about an hour to install it, then when it finishes, it just closes down Gmod. I have to repeat the whole process, and it will do the same thing. It's not that I can't play roleplays, a zombie one worked. Anyway, HELP!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    Posted Aug 9, 2012
  2. I had the same problem at first.

This is what I did.

Step 1. Make sure that the map ( rp_EvoCity_v33x.bsp ) is under the maps folder. Make sure that the map is extracted first.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\yourusername\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps

step 2. Make sure that the prestigegaming-seriousrp-content is in the Gmod folder
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\yourusername\garrysmod\garrysmod

Step 3. That should be it.

@A Hostage (AKA Haltfire302)

Posted Aug 9, 2012
  3. I have this problem I have to start a single player game quit that then join hte server

Posted Aug 10, 2012
  4. i turn off downloads amd it goes right into server

Posted Aug 11, 2012
  5. A_Hostage

A_Hostage Member

Okay. got the prestigegaming-seriousrp-content, re-placed everything in the folders, try to get back on, it downloads like, 13 things, gets to downloading cache\6127 and a crap load of numbers, then the whole game freezes up and shuts down.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    Posted Aug 11, 2012
  6. Abdul

Abdul Arabian Prince Director

Go into Steam > Library > Right click Garry's Mod > Properties > Set Launch Options and then add +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 there.

Launch the game and cross your fingers.

Posted Aug 11, 2012
  7. This happened to me so i just installed all the stuff off the forum and worked. And plus it was 10 times faster.

Posted Aug 12, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.