Mic issue

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Rarity, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rarity

Rarity

I have a mic that should be able to be used for hearing and speaking. When I set up my mic to work as a mic it works on ventrilo and other things I'd need my mic for. The problem is, as soon as I set my mic up for CS:S.... my mic is only for speaking and it uses my laptop speakers for hearing. This is bothersome and I would really appriciate it if someone would inform how to fix this problem. My mic has two cables (one to plugin for speaking and for hearing). I haven't a clue the problem.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
    Posted Jul 21, 2012
  2. I'm sure you mean that you have a headset problem, not the mic itself.

But, anyway, firstly you might want to check if your headset is set as primary sound output by right clicking on the "Speakers at X%" logo. Make sure that your headset and its microphone is set to primary - assuming that your cables are plugged in correctly, of course.

Posted Jul 21, 2012
  3. Rarity

Rarity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're correct that it is my headset that isn't working. But this didn't exactly help when I right click on the volume icon next to my time and date(bottom right of my screen) I get: open volume mixer, playback devices, recording devices, sounds, and volume control options. none of which I can adjust wether my headset is the primary source of audio.

Posted Jul 22, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.