Port Forwards

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Yomankeenan, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can anyone help me port forward for a server on minecraft

Posted Jul 2, 2012
  2. Vballs

Vballs

what type of router do you have? [MENTION=334]Yomankeenan[/MENTION]

Posted Jul 3, 2012
  3. Me to. I have a Dlink Dir-625. I know how to do it, but for some reason it never works.

Posted Jul 3, 2012
  4. Vballs

Vballs

usually there are two ports you must open, i don't know the exact numbers off hand but you can google them pretty easy. Then you also must open TCP/UCP ones, not just one but both. When you try, what happens? I had trouble sometimes but minecraft is one of those games that doesn't always work and sometimes Himachi is better.

Posted Jul 3, 2012
  5. [MENTION=317]Vballs[/MENTION] Its a crappy router I got from bell a 2Wire 2701HG-G

Posted Jul 3, 2012
  6. Vballs

Vballs

Posted Jul 3, 2012
  7. i now the ports. there both 25565. And i know how to get my ipv4 and everything. It just doesnt work....

Posted Jul 3, 2012
  8. Vballs

Vballs

[MENTION=554]PurpleWarPanda[/MENTION] are you sure you did it correctly?

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DIR-625/Minecraft_Server.htm

thats a link i found for your router. Usually this website works but I have never actually used your router.

If this doesn't work, himachi is a good way to connect to people but it limits you to 5 people I think. Sometimes you have to adjust the minecraft server stuff properties also.

Posted Jul 3, 2012
  9. [MENTION=317]Vballs[/MENTION] Yeah im using hamachi right now but it sucks cuz its just 5 people thanks bro

Posted Jul 3, 2012
  10. Didnt work. I really dont whats wrong.

Posted Jul 4, 2012
  11. Geno

Geno

Before my dad finally agreed to give me access to the family router, I used a popular torrent downloader called "uTorrent".
    You can run/keep 1 port forwarded at a time with this program. Simply download it, Go to options>Preferences>Connection
    Then change the listening port to whatever you want to have forwarded for a server
    Please keep note, doing this can slow down your torrent downloading speed if you pirate games all the time like me.

Posted Jul 4, 2012
  12. I'll give this a try. Hopefully it works!

Posted Jul 4, 2012
  13. I downloaded it and everything. But whats the ip i use to connect to the server? if its your external ip then i did something wrong..

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    Posted Jul 4, 2012
  14. Geno

Geno

In order to get a custom server ip adress to connect to, I used a service called no-ip DUC
    Create a host here: http://www.no-ip.com/ With whatever settings
    download no-ip DUC and make sure you adress is enabled, and then run the server on the same computer.
    This combined with the port being listened to by uTorrent can host a full internet minecraft server, or servers for most other games.

Posted Jul 5, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.