my Microphone

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by PurpleWarPanda, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whenever i play on TF2, everyone says my mic is crap when i talk to them via voice chat. However, i know its not my mic cus when i record/narrate my voice sounds fine, and when im in Ventrillo, skype, and mumble it sounds fine. Only TF2 makes it weird. Also, ppl say that when i talk it makes there game volume cut off. Idk if thats even possiple, but thats wat every1 says.
    Do any of you now how i can fix it? Its super annoying to have to type in chat box with a freaking mic on my head.

Posted Jun 28, 2012
  2. Abdul

Abdul Arabian Prince Director

Just wondering, are you using a Mac?

Posted Jun 28, 2012
  3. no. im on a pc

Posted Jun 28, 2012
  4. I have a feeling you may have been trolled.

Posted Jun 28, 2012
  5. No. Everyone says it. Inless 200+ people on over 50 servers trolled me...

Posted Jun 28, 2012
  6. I don't believe it is possible for one's mic to shut off others game volume.

Posted Jun 28, 2012
  7. Cpt. Hopi

Cpt. Hopi Recruit

I know what he's talking about. I've heard other people have this issue where say if he talked, and I was listening my game will sound all frizzy and act like the codecs are messed up. It's very weird and I have no clue how people solve this, but what type of microphone/headset do you have?

Posted Jun 28, 2012
  8. Nonononono.
    Correct answer. Steps to fix:
    1. Open your friends menu on STEAM
    2. Click Voice tab
    3. Test ur mic and it will tell you how everybody hears you [plays your voice back]
    4. Make sure the section used to locate your mic is on the CORRECT slot. If you don't know, try each setting and keep testing your mic [step 3]

PS
    If you want, when I get back from vacay, I'd be happy to go on servers to make sure you sound bad and your not being trolled. Good luck!

Posted Jun 29, 2012
  9. I did what Root Beer said and my steam voice sounds fine. However, when i go onto TF2 and test it in the option menu, i see what every1 is saying. I played around with the settings on my computer and TF2, but nothing worked.

To answer Cpt. Hopi's question, im using PLaystion Wireless mic. There not cheap and i know its not them cus they work fine in other games.

Heres the link:
    http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/wireless-stereo-headset-ps3.html

Posted Jun 29, 2012
  10. -edit-

My response clearly wasn't at all linked to the problem.

Posted Jun 29, 2012
  11. Wat? U just confused me...

Posted Jun 29, 2012
  12. Don't worry about it. Stupid panda talk :p

Posted Jun 29, 2012
  13. xD
    I think I found your problem...your using a PS3 mic on a PC...lol. Anyways, I'll be home in like 20 min. I'll help then.

Posted Jun 30, 2012
  14. No thats not it. On all other games and and aduio services it works fine. I did a litle more reasarch and some ppl that had the same problem. Updated their sound driver. I was going to tried that, but my sound driver is already up to date. Now im really stumped...

Posted Jun 30, 2012
  15. I too have the same problem, plus I have the ps3 headset :p

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    Posted Jun 30, 2012
  16. Finally some1 with the same problem as me... Have you found anyway to fix it?

Posted Jul 1, 2012
  17. Ehh nope, it is usually on and off fuzz and clear i yet to find out why. I think it really has to do with counter strike because Gmod it comes out clear. ahah maybe our headset is too advanced for this old game.

Posted Jul 1, 2012
  18. I have this issue, however its because i use a mac and the voice codecs on the css servers interfere with the quality of my mic (astro a40)

Posted Jul 1, 2012
  19. Ya i heard something about how theres a error in the source code with tf2 that makes this problem. I really dont know if its true.

Posted Jul 2, 2012
  20. Perhaps you need to lower the voice transmit volume under settings>voice?

Posted Jul 31, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.