Help with blue lines on my comp

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Cpt. Hopi, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cpt. Hopi

Cpt. Hopi Recruit

Before I start, I doubt it's my moniter going out since it runs EVERYTHING else perfectly fine with no blue lines. It's mainly paint.net especially with the text.

To start off I have had these very annoying blue lines on my computer. It really demonstrates itself when I'm using paint.net hovering over the text. (see the photo) It blurs out what I want to see until I scroll down, and it completely disappears when I scroll down too, unless I hover over the text again, then it will start the blue lines.

I have a feeling it's a setting somewhere probably in the graphics card or BIOS, but I really don't know... Also this happens on a few other things, for example when I'm installing something and it shows the installation wizard if I hover over the blue bar on top it will act up unless I move the actual installation wizard around.

Here's a picture to show you what's going on in paint.net
    View attachment 245
    So if you can see it right, I pointed arrows at the blue lines, it's very weird how it works. The blue lines are also flickering a lot kinda like the refresh rate is messed up, yet I read that the refresh rate doesn't not affect LCD's which I have.
    If it matters I'm running on Windows XP Service pack 3.

It has been bugging me for awhile now and I'm wondering if anyone knows a fix or has had a similar problem.

Posted Jun 8, 2012
  2. Thresh Princess

Thresh Princess Junior

When I was like 5 my mum had a laptop and it did that... but they were lines ALL across the screen at every moment. That was from me grabbing the computer screen and carrying it by the computer screen which I doubt happened to you. And if it (usually) only happens during paint.net maybe its the program? Maybe if you uninstalll and reinstall it again?

Posted Jun 9, 2012
  3. It might be something to do with your monitor or your tower. Or maybe you need to upgrade to Windows 7 possibly? Maybe graphics card is corrupted or not being held up properly? I'm the not most technical person but hopefully one of these will help!
    gg

Posted Jun 9, 2012
  4. I love how I opened your picture. Then clicked the RED <X> on the top of you picture to close it down -_- FAIL !

Posted Jun 10, 2012
  5. I've had problems similar to that. However it was the whole screen and much worse. I had to get a new Graphic Card. That could be the problem... but its an expensive fix so i would try other things before considering a GC.

Posted Jun 10, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.