Networking Experiment

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by OSTKCabal, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all,

As many of you know, I'm a pretty big player in the game server hosting business, having run my own company until just recently and working as the Executive Advisor for a company with thousands of active servers.

Please note that this is not meant to be malicious. I am performing a long-term report on the hosting market (Especially in terms of Game Servers, VPS, and Dedicated Servers) and I have chosen to use a multitude of hosts operating out of one of the fastest-growing hosting locations in the U.S. (Chicago) to perform this phase. Thus, any help is certainly appreciated.

I wanted to perform some networking tests on active communities.

(1. All of the IPs that will be posted below are in Chicago, IL.

(2. All I ask is that you fill out this rather simple form:

ISP: YOUR ISP

IPs You Tested: The IPs from the list below that you tested. - Please note that you do not have to try all of them.

RESULTS: Use pastebin.com if you don't mind. Basically, just paste the results from your ping / tracert tests.

As stated above:

I'd like to ask that you do ping <IP> and tracert <IP> in your Command Prompt or Terminal from your home PC. Then, copy-paste the results on pastebin.com or your favorite text paste hosting site.

The IPs:
    Steadfast Networks - 208.100.4.54
    Choopa Data Centers - 68.232.169.106
    Colo@ - 184.170.250.82
    NFOServers (InterNAP) - 216.52.148.4
    Ubiquity Servers - 174.34.172.51

The reason the above providers have been picked is because they are common choices in the gaming, cloud, and dedicated industry.

Posted Jan 15, 2014
  2. MetalTitan

MetalTitan Member

Posted Jan 15, 2014
  3. Posted Jan 16, 2014
  4. Any other takers? It'd certainly be appreciated and would help me out immensely to get results other than my own personal ones.

Posted Jan 16, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.