Awaiting Upload GM TTT Gamemode Ideas

Discussion in 'Acknowledged & Processing' started by Abdul, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Abdul

Abdul Arabian Prince Director

Project Name: Targets / Last Man Standing

Project Description: A couple of ideas, see what needs to be done

Project Discussion URL (if any): None, discuss in this thread if needed.

Date Required: NOT DECIDED YET - Please discuss below whether to proceed, before occupying this idea.

What needs to be done?

Targets
    - Traitors are NOT required to kill targets, they are also not penalized for not killing targets, they simply dont gain the benefits.
    - Immediately after selection of teams (traitor/inno/detective), a random innocent is selected as a 'target' and everyone is notified of who the target is.
    - The traitors must attempt to kill the 'target', once he is killed by a traitor, the killer (traitor) earns "1 target point".
    - All traitors are notified of when a target is eliminated, and then the next target is randomly selected from alive innocents. (It would not say who killed the target)

Advantages
    - Creates a feel of competition for traitors.
    - Creates a more intense situation for innocents (knowing some may try to pick him off, and may be dangerous to be around the target), and the target (knowing all traitors are possibly after you - and feel like everyone is after you, with only detectives you can trust and who can trust you as-well)
    - Encourages you (traitor) to try harder, be more deadly and possibly use more strategic methods.

Disadvantages
    - The target would be 'proven' since only innocents are selected, this may be an issue when there is only a very small number of innocents left, but can be overcome with the last man standing idea below.​

Perks for eliminating targets (just ideas, not final)
    - Gives you traitor credits for the traitor shop, for each target you kill?
    - (Bragging Rights) It says who eliminated the most targets.
    - PointShop points/credits for killing the most targets.
    - Traitor ticket for kill the most targets? (If killed a minimum of 6 targets aswell)

Last Man Standing (The hunted becomes the hunter)
    - I am sure everyone who is the last innocent, hates it since even though your guts tell you to kill that person, you avoid doing it since it may be RDM (as you have no 'technical' reason). I think for last man standing situations, we should even up the odds and let the innocent know he is the last one standing (so he can go all bezerk and shoot everyone in sight).
    - To make it more 'harder' for the traitor(s), the last person would have a radar that tells him where the remaining traitors are (the radar scanner), balanced with a delay.
    - Killing the last person could possibly give 2 target points instead? As a bonus since it was somewhat more challenging.

Are there any similar/exisiting plugins?
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1314066 (this is really its own gamemode, but trying to somewhat take the hitman idea and make it work with the regular TTT gamemode)

Posted Jan 13, 2014
  2. Koala

Koala

I like all these ideas, and when I'm a little better at coding, I'll be sure to do this, but you'll probably want it done before then. I wouldn't mind having a go, but it would take longer. If not, I'll help in testing and in any way I can, because I think this will spice the gamemode up.
    Also, the target could maybe appear a different colour to the traitor, so that they can be easily picked out of crowds?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    Posted Jan 13, 2014
  3. I Really like this idea too!!

Posted Jan 13, 2014
  4. Vent

Vent

I can see if I can wip up something, great Idea Abdul!

Posted Jan 16, 2014
  5. The Calculator

The Calculator Member

This has theoretically already been done with jailbreak, as for selecting a random guard on !w [Remove that and random with TEAM_INNO] should put the shiny blue shadowing around the person as they are (from the code at least) the "warden" / "Target".

Last Man Standing, same thing. Already implemented in jailbreak, switch TEAM_GUARD with TEAM_INNO followed by a wonderful ulx tsay announcement.

Ideas?

Posted Apr 3, 2014
  6. Drewerth

Drewerth Member

@Alexys @Ark
    May be of interest to you both now that you're working on GM-TTT at the moment.

Posted Sep 22, 2017
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Alexys

Alexys Junior

I'll look over both, thank you drew!

LMK how you feel about them as well ark.

Posted Sep 22, 2017
  8. GrimReaper

GrimReaper The Eldest Child Member

This looks so cool! I wish that we could have custom rounds like this.

Posted Oct 21, 2017
  9. Cat

Cat Member

@Alexys @Ark if you two aren't working on it, I'll take over, because I would like to start working on this.

This addon only has 3 lua files totaling to like 30 different functions, I could see if I can maybe turn it into something.
    I'll just use the hitman addon that was included

@Abdul do you want this to happen every round or just once every map?

It will be difficult making this work once a map, but switching gamemodes every map would make this easier too.

Edit: I just got it to work properly as a power round, because the gamemode you attached was a permanent change for every round, still waiting on an input

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    Posted Nov 13, 2017
  10. Cat

Cat Member

Okay, so I'm pretty much done, I fixed up everything and destroyed any bugs that may leak from it, I'm ready to send it to the server, but I still need confirmation before I send it to the server:
    • I can keep it to say "Hitmen" like in the plugin you provided, or I can just keep it as "Traitors"
    • I configured it so it would reward a credit for every 2 target kills, it resets if you kill a non-target.
    • The radar switches depending if you're in the power round, radar is changed to mark targets.
    • It doesn't exactly have a target-for-all-traitors, but it does keep very nice track of your target
    • I added a way for all non-traitors to see who's being targeted
    • It does give away how many traitors are alive, but that also would give a more intense round.
    • I don't know if I should disable the RDM manager on the custom round, but I feel like I should since traitors will more likely win if the innocents aren't careful.
    I can disable the power-round from starting if there's three or less players playing, so it encourages people to invite their friends, since this is a one-time-per-map, it would really gets everyone excited and want to look forward to the gamemode.

Posted Nov 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Gower

Gower wise men eat ice cream - albert einstein Junior

Can we get this for CSGO as well? @Drewerth

Posted Nov 25, 2017
  12. EXE KL

EXE KL Junior

How come only GMod gets this. omg

Posted Nov 27, 2017
  13. Cat

Cat Member

Because its a gmod ttt suggestion?

Posted Nov 27, 2017
  14. EXE KL

EXE KL Junior

When I first saw this months ago, there was no GM tag. Fricking illuminati shiz.

Posted Nov 27, 2017
  15. Gower

Gower wise men eat ice cream - albert einstein Junior

Make it for CSGO too pls

Posted Nov 29, 2017