Keyboard/Mouse

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by ultima, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultima

ultima

Any recommendations on keyboard/mouse? i am using a crappy Dell keyboard and mouse and need to upgrade badly.

Posted Jan 2, 2014
  2. Golden

Golden

keyboard wise -- microsoft's sidewinder is a pretty good option, it's on the cheap side and has good reviews and responsive keys with background LED and macro keys

the razer blackwidow is probably one of the best options for mechanical keyboards, its razer's best product for sure and a lot of tournament and lan players use it

for mice i'd recommend a lot of things but stay away from razer's mice, they're notoriously short-lived and tend to have problems. personally i picked up a steel series sensei raw; it's affordable and highly recommended.

hope i could help

Posted Jan 2, 2014
  3. Steel Series and Razer, the way to go.
    I have the Lycosa and blackwidow ultimate, as keyboards, (Yes I have 2 keyboards)and I love my Deathadder mouse for the real high sensitivity.

If you gave me a price range, I could probably help out.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    Posted Jan 2, 2014
  4. ultima

ultima

for both the keyboard and mouse i would like to spend around $200 or less.

Posted Jan 2, 2014
  5. CaffeinePizza

CaffeinePizza Member

Simple kb/mouse or multibutton? Like top of line gaming mouse/kb? Need some infos

Posted Jan 2, 2014
  6. ultima

ultima

well i have about 200 to spend so.

Posted Jan 2, 2014
  7. Golden really said it with Microsoft's Sidewinder series. The X6 would probably be best in this situation. http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-ie/p/sidewinder-x6-keyboard

A mouse is much more important than a keyboard in my opinion, if you're playing twitch based games, like TF2 or CS for example (Keyboard are more important for games like starcraft or LoL).
    I have a cheap-ish logitech mouse that i love to death. It's cheap, very comfortable and above all, does it's job. http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/product/corded-mouse-m500?crid=7
    If you're looking for something a little more oriented towards gaming, take a look at the Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse. It comes with a ton of features, like programable keys (Great for quick buying in CS GO) and a long battery life. http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/product/g602-wireless-gaming-mouse

Posted Jan 2, 2014
  8. Can't comment much about KB, I personally went with a Logitech G105. Simple and reliable was what I was looking for.

Mouse on the other hand, I went with the Corsair Raptor M40. Again simple and reliable but with the extras that gamers look for. It fits my hand really well and I love the detent wheel. Movement and weight are very predictable for me which is important in FPS shooters.

Posted Jan 2, 2014
  9. Posted Jan 3, 2014
  10. I have the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate and Razer DeathAdder. Both AMAZING gear. Never had a problem with either. The Blackwidow Ultimate may be a bit pricy, but it's worth it. The DeathAdder also works really good with the Razer Goliathus (mousepad).

Posted Jan 3, 2014
  11. ultima

ultima

well i snagged a logitech m400 gaming mouse.. it was on sale at tigerdirect. will see how it goes.

Posted Jan 3, 2014
  12. Stay away from anything Razer. I've spent a lot of money on Razer, and have found their products to be very cheaply made only lasting a few months before the wear and tear of constant use gets to them. Don't buy into "by gamers for gamers" from anyone (IE Razer, Steelseries, etc). Find something that fits you best, and something that will be enjoying for you to use. There are tons of great mice (both "gaming" and non-gaming), and great keyboards (yet again both "gaming" and non-gaming). Do a lot of research, and plan out your budget. Make sure if it's cheap, it's built good and if it's expensive make sure it lives up to it's price.

Posted Feb 4, 2014
  13. Look here:

So from my research and multiple outlets here is a pretty good guide or things you should consider when getting a mouse:

Mouses are pretty much dependent on your griping style and preference, for example:

The deathadder has more of a /\ style grip, while the g500 features a \ / style grip:

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/g500.jpg

However this is all preference no style is superior to the other, however what really matters the most when buying a mouse is reputation and build quality. Many good gaming mouse will cost around the $50+ range. Somethings to look for with a mouse is it's software(if it has any) and its traits and acceleration. If a mouse has acceleration it will often and most times will be shit. Also worth noting is if the mouse has tracking issues if so it is best to stay away from it especially if you are a competitive fps player.

Some mice worth noting:

Zowie series :

they recently gain some pretty good hype for their plug and play mice specifically the zowie fk, am, ec1 and ec2

logitech G series:

The g500 has rumored accel issues depending on the product number you get I believe "Avago ADNS-S9500" is the one with positive accel, The g400 is considered god tier how ever the cord is garbage and will lead you to getting it replaced more than once. If you don't care the g400 is the go to mouse.

Deathadder 2013/black/etc:

This is razer's only good product its a solid mouse and is loved and adored by many it has a solid build quality from what I have seen. And many of my friends who use the death adder enjoys it very much.

If you want a baller guide go to this thread over at tf.tv (they play comp so they know what will make you hit or miss shots in tf2):
    http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/11515-the-mouse-mousepad-thread

Now for keyboards....

If you want to go big mechanical is they way to go, I am not going to give you the statistics on which key switches you should get but what ever you do, do not get a razer keyboard.
    http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/12649-the-keyboard-thread

Posted Feb 10, 2014
  14. C00kie

C00kie

Posted Feb 13, 2014
  15. Posted Feb 21, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.