Major Community Changes & Updates

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Anchor, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anchor

Anchor Member

[table="width: 440, align: center"]
    [tr]
    [td]
    [​IMG]
    We would like to congratulate the entire community as a whole as we've reached the six month mark since the formation of Prestige Gaming. The leadership of pG would like to thank you, the players, members, and admins for making this all possible.

[hr][/hr]
    Quality Assurance
    [hr][/hr]
    Through-out the course of pG, we have had many recruits that feel they are not part of the community due to either their lack of admining abilities or commitment of being an admin.

Amongst many other reasons, it has been decided that tags will no-longer represent your admin-level; in it's place, it will represent your membership status - we hope that this will bring members and admins closer rather than being segregated.

The [pG] tag has been disbanded, only -pg- Recruit and =[pG]= Full Member will remain. Admins will no-longer be identified by their tag. Please read this Q&A here for more information in regards to this.

[hr][/hr]
    Counter-Strike Division
    [hr][/hr][table="width: 440, align: left"]
    [tr]
    [td="width:83, align:center"][​IMG][/td]
    [td]24/7 Office Deathmatch server has now been switched to a regular 24/7 Office server. We need your support to keep it filled regularly.

Play it now @ 96.8.117.67:27015[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table][hr][/hr]
    Team Fortress 2
    [tr]
    [td]As a replacement of 24/7 Turbine, we have switched it to a 24/7 Orange_X3 map - this is known for its fast paced, high framerate and intense action.

Play it now @ 96.8.117.72:27015[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table][hr][/hr]
    Recruiting Contest
    [tr]
    [td]Please congratulate [MENTION=45]Kilroy19[/MENTION] for winning 1st place in the Recruiting Contest, making him the first person to achieve the recruiter medal.

2nd place. [MENTION=51]Root Beer[/MENTION]
    3rd place. [MENTION=358]Big_Boss[/MENTION]

As for everyone else, thank you for taking part.[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table][hr][/hr]
    [/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td="bgcolor:#e6e6e6"]If you would like to get more involved in pG, create a thread in the Contact Leadership forum to take on a position such as event-coordinator, admin trainer, news editor, news artist or even help start the media team.
    [/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  2. Anchor

Anchor Member

Questions and Answers
    If you have any other questions than what's listed below, please do not hesitate to ask.

I'm a -pg- recruit, what does this mean?
    Your tags will remain as -pg- which resembles that you are still a recruit. The only change you will see is that you can now be promoted from -pg- Recruit to =[pG]=™ Full Member by simply being active, mature and dedicated - without your admining abilities being taken into consideration or having to commit to being an admin just to wear or represent pG with the full member tags.​

I'm a -pg- recruit, how do I get the =[pG]=™ tags?
    You must be promoted to a full member status before you are able to wear the =[pG]= tags. Promotions are done frequently only by leadership - being on our ventrilo server will increase your chances considerably. You can find more information on how to get promoted by clicking here.​

How do I get admin-access?
    There are two methods of how you can be an admin:
    • Donate - By donating $10, you will be able to have admin-access on the server you sign up for. We recommend that you sign up for this package if you do not hold any admin experience as it will strengthen your application for admin when you apply.

• Enlist to be an admin - Only =[pG]=™ ranked members will be able to enlist to be an admin, you can enlist as soon as you have earned your =[pG]=™ tags. Having your enlistment approved will take your maturity, admin experience and whether we need admins or not into consideration - those who are more mature, active, dedicated and have admin experience will have highest priority. It is no-longer first come first serve basis and the 2 week limit has been removed.
    Why are admin-applications private now?
    With the fact that we are going to be more strict on who gets admin, we have had to make enlistments private to provide confidence to people when they apply for admin without the fear or shame of being 'rejected' in public.

Full members can now apply to be an admin, without anyone except you and leadership from being able to see them. We encourage everyone to report any signs of immaturity in Contact Leadership for Quality Assurance.​

I'm already a member-admin, what does this mean for me?
    Your admin access will still work as usual. All member-admins will now have the same commands access. However, we are becoming more strict with admins - we will be pulling peoples member-admin if they are not taking their position more seriously. We expect you to be the first to jump to resolve viable problems as they arise in-game, not simply sit back whilst others take on all the work-load.​

I'm currently ranked [pG], what does this mean for me?
    [pG] tags have been disbanded, you should now wear the full member tag =[pG]=™. You will notice that you have access to more commands, it is vital you re-read the admin guide to ensure you follow the correct procedure when using your commands, failure to-do so will result in your admin being pulled.​

I purchased admin, what does this mean for me?
    No changes have been made to VIP admins, you can continue as usual. Ensure you have read the admin guides in the Administrators Central forums.​

How will we know who's an admin?
    Member-admins will have [admin] before their in-game name - this is automatically added to your in-game name when you connect to our server(s). You must NOT add [admin] to your steam name.​

Why was this change made?
    There are many reasons for why we made this change, most of which evolve around making pG more of a community to bring members closer and to prevent us from becoming an admin-only community.

We wish for your tags to represent your membership status rather than your admin status. Being an admin should be a privilege, not something that you can take-advantage of to feel 'above' others; one should not need to commit to be an admin, just so they can be a full member or represent pG with it's full member tags and those who are not admin-material should not feel less part of the community.

In addition, it will allow us to be more strict on admins without effecting their membership status in the community. Previously, demoting an admin had meant they loose their tags too, even when it had meant they were a good member but lacked admining abilities.​

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  3. Congratulations! and Exciting new changes!

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  4. Anchor

Anchor Member

Bare with us as we fix everyone's permission groups and admin sorted.

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  5. Twish

Twish

I think it'll be confusing at first. I'm quite neutral to the changes, it might be hard to find admins outside of the game though.

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  6. Congrats to Kilroy and Root Beer aswell for winning the recruiting contest!And I think the changes will help improve PG even more for the future.

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  7. Panda_

Panda_

I like the changes even though i didn't know how it was before

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  8. Yay?

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  9. kilroyy-

kilroyy- Member

Congratz everyone!

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  10. So we can't get admin from the Admin application anymore?

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  11. OK, I applied for admin a couple days ago.
    Is it declined now since I'm not a =[pg]=?

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  12. Quite excited with my new commands! :3

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  13. Death

Death

Lol...comical indeed.

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  14. I'm wondering this as well. But I like the changes and I'm looking forward to where pG will take off next! & Congrats everyone!

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  15. kilroyy-

kilroyy- Member

Look at your application. Does it say accepted or denied?
    [MENTION=319]Chickenbone Nowison[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=437]Kentucky Fried Scootaloo[/MENTION]

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  16. Well, I can't find my admin application, since the admin section is gone now, and if i do to my older posts i still cant find it.

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  17. kilroyy-

kilroyy- Member

Your application has not been accepted or denied. Still being reviewed.

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  18. Well this sucks, i was looking forward to seeing if accepted or declined and i had like a week left.

Well , can I have a link to the thread. seeing as i cant find it, just so i can keep up with it and see.

link? :/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2012
    Posted Jun 1, 2012
  19. Abdul

Abdul Arabian Prince Director

Only =[pG]= members will be able to see the "Apply to be an Admin" section and they will only be able to see their own applications - QA members can see them too (for the time being whilst the new enlist system is to be coded).

Those who recently made an application, will have their applications placed on HOLD until they become a full member, in which it can then resume when that person(s) bumps their application. Full member promotions will follow shortly to those who have been active, mature and dedicated...

Applications that were either expecting an application within a couple of days or were expected to receive a response today, will be processed from now till Saturday (tomorrow).

Sorry for the inconvienance, if you have any questions, just ask and I will respond asap :).

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  20. Thresh Princess

Thresh Princess Junior

The changes confuzzle me :S

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  21. I only applied to the next rank in pG which was [pG], not for admin.

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  22. Dammit, more waiting. I guess i'll have to be patient and that is if i get =[pg]=

Posted Jun 1, 2012
  23. Yeah, i was speaking to someone yesterday and they feel more apart which is good, knowing that they can get full member etc.

Posted Jun 3, 2012
  24. Abdul

Abdul Arabian Prince Director

Previously getting the next rank up had meant you get admin with it, this is one of the reasons of why this change was made - people can now rank up to full tags regardless of admin.

Posted Jun 3, 2012
  25. Ohhh I see now. I like that c:

Posted Jun 3, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.