Video Card Help

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Ghost, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost

Alright, So I'm upgrading my graphics card and I need some help

Specs:
    View attachment 1610

I upgraded the shitty PSU to a 600W Corsair Builder Series and have plenty of extra wattage to use, I know my specs are not the best and my Video Card is shit. The only problem is I'm looking in the $120-$160 range, and am unsure between GTX650 Ti, GTX650, GTX660 Ti, GTX660 Ti Boost and whatnot, so any information is helpful. I don't do much besides gaming, no video rendering and such. Thanks for the help!

Posted Dec 31, 2013
  2. Posted Dec 31, 2013
  3. Ghost

Ghost

Is it because of the $75 or is there a reason the 650 Ti is better?

Posted Dec 31, 2013
  4. I love the 650 Ti. I personally have the BOOST, and it's a great card for everything I do.

Posted Dec 31, 2013
  5. Ghost

Ghost

Posted Dec 31, 2013
  6. I always use ASUS cards because they are overclocked by default. Also, they have better cooling and easier to modify with watercooling or any other cooling accessories. You could check out this card, but I still recommend the ASUS.

Posted Dec 31, 2013
  7. I can't say that I agree with Namecheap's assessment of Asus. They have horrible customer service for the price premium they charge. Not to infer that Asus makes bad products, but if there is a problem, jacking with CS over the next month or two while your video card is out isn't very fun either. With that consideration, MSI and EVGA are both even contenders on the CS front and both have very solid products. I also don't beleive that watercooling or other extreme cooling solutions are on order for this hardware setup. That would make the EVGA card that Ghost linked a very good buy and fit.

Posted Dec 31, 2013
  8. Never had a problem out of ASUS. Their customer service has been perfect for me. ASUS makes some of the BEST gaming parts, routers, and motherboards. I have never seen an ASUS product fail, but there is no law saying they they can't make a failed product. Also, I said ASUS products are EASIER to watercool. I never said that he was watercooling.

Posted Dec 31, 2013
  9. Posted Dec 31, 2013
  10. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

I believe those numbers, then I believe that Asus is still a good company. Do you know how much larger Asus is then, let's say EVGA? EVGA makes NVIDIA based products only. Asus? Dozens of their own laptops and desktops, tablets, dozens of different motherboards for both AMD and Intel, graphics cards based on NVIDIA AND AMD (doubles EVGA right there), networking devices, monitors, audio technology, and more. Asus is 100x EVGA is, without a doubt. That's why there is more complaints, Asus has so much more sales, and with more sales, more errors and complaints.

Posted Jan 1, 2014
  11. Ghost

Ghost

What's the difference between the Ti and the Ti boost?

Posted Jan 1, 2014
  12. MSI Gaming N760 TF 4GD5/OC GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-bit

Posted Jan 1, 2014
  13. The Ti BOOST has 2GB of GDDR5. It also have more CUDA cores and a faster clock speed.

Posted Jan 1, 2014
  14. All I am really trying to say here is that The EVGA component that Ghost pointed out is just as good a video card as the Asus. Possibly even a better value over all when all thing are considered. When suggesting hardware it is necessary to remove 'feelings' from the equation and just present the facts as they are so that the purchaser can make an informed buying decision.

Posted Jan 1, 2014
  15. I would recommend a nonrefrence 660ti or a AMD priced equivalent. Otherwise the 650ti boost is ok.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    Posted Feb 8, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.