Seeking New Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Reddiquai, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm currently looking into upgrading my graphics card that I have. It's an AMD Radeon HD 7570 that came with my Dell XPS 8500. If you want to see more specs, I can either add them later as I am on mobile or you can look them up.

My budget is ~$400 and I want to buy a card that can run most games on high or ultra. Ex. Skyrim. The lowest price and best performance would be the best.

Question, if I'm wrong I'm gonna sound really stupid, can you run two cards at once? Or would it be better just to buy a single better one?

Posted Dec 27, 2013
  2. The ASUS GTX 760 is a great card. It can play tons of games, is already overclocked, and is in a good price range. You can buy two and SLI these cards to better performance. If you want to SLI two NVidia brand-GPU's, you will need an SLI Bridge. This card can be SLI'd 4 times, which means 4 cards can be connected at the same time. Remember, you motherboard or power supply MAY NOT be able to SLI. Contact your manufacturer for more information.

Posted Dec 29, 2013
  3. Nesh

Nesh

I'd say get the EVGA 760 superclocked, it is a VERY nice graphics card for a low price. (Better than Asus in my opinion)

Posted Jan 15, 2014
  4. If you do have 400$ to spend, I would say go with a GTX 670. Very nice card, very quiet...very powerful. Performance wise it comes in a tad ahead of the 760-- but you pay ~150$ more than the 760. My dream PC consists of 2x670's :p

If you are ok with spending the full 400$, get a 670. If you get a 760 though, you will have a nice chunk o' change left over.

Posted Jan 15, 2014
  5. Somehow that doesn't sound like a good value for ~$150 more than the GTX 760 for a 3% gain in performance.

Posted Jan 16, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.