Youtube Questions & General Video Making Questions

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by AsthA, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AsthA

AsthA

Hi guys! I am starting up a gaming youtube channel, and i want it too look the best it can. I am a huge noob to the entire process. Here is the software i have to record and convert videos.
    Fraps
    Freemake Video Converter

I usually record with fraps approx 15-20 minutes worth of footage, then convert it to Mp4 with 1080p settings. Then once its converted i upload the video to youtube (i haven't figured out editing yet, or how it benefits) The video comes out at 420p, but with pretty good audio. You can check out what ive uploaded so far here - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAstharoshe

Any YouTubers that would be willing to give any advice at all would be greatly appreciated, The only thing i really want to fix is the quality of the video to at least 720p. Thank you very much for your time.

Posted Dec 14, 2013
  2. You aren't suppose to use raw capture from fraps, convert it, then upload it.
    You are actually suppose to capture with fraps, take the raw file, use a video editing software, edit what you want, THEN Render it. Rendering is similar to converting a file type. With rendering you can set what quality you want and file type, size of file and etc. it's also more reliable.

I would suggest you use something very simple like Camtasia to edit/render your videos. You can't render in 1080p in camtasia but in 720p which is a standard for most YouTube videos now. I currently use Sony Vegas 11, but it's a VERY complicated program, it can render your video beyond 1080p if you wanted to, but with a slow pc.. I wouldn't even recommend it.

Posted Dec 14, 2013
  3. AsthA

AsthA

Sounds great thanks for the advice!

Posted Dec 16, 2013
  4. If you want really basic video editing use Windows Movie Make. P.s. I hate the hell out of it but it is ok.

Posted Feb 8, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.