Would you like to see a GMOD DarkRP Server?

Discussion in 'Community Polls' started by Abdul, Dec 5, 2013.

?

1. Yes

66 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. Don't play GMOD

16 vote(s)
    12.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abdul

Abdul Arabian Prince Director

Results do not guarantee the outcome, do not prevent any other servers from opening before it, do not replace any server and espically does not effect whether we can release a PERP server in the future.

Posted Dec 5, 2013
  2. Frankly I would like to see one, but a lot of people want to work on other PG Gmod servers being filled first.
    It's all a matter on whether this DarkRP is "worth" it or not, whether or not it would get quite popular and bring in new people to PG.

Posted Dec 5, 2013
  3. Abdul

Abdul Arabian Prince Director

I failed, the poll has been added XD

Posted Dec 6, 2013
  4. i think it would be a great addition to our Gmod servers if we set the server up correctly and train our admins correctly. Part of this "proper server setup" should be a large amount of player slots (without lag) and a bunch of cool items from the Workshop (cars, weapons, etc). it seems that a lot of the Dark RP servers that are full during the day in the US are either poorly set up or have bad administrators, so i believe that if we do this right, this can be a successful addition to pG.

Posted Dec 6, 2013
  5. Hey guys, guess what, I tried playing deathrun 2 days ago but it was empty, can we pls trying filling that, I fear a darkRP server would make it more difficult to do so...

Posted Dec 6, 2013
  6. [MENTION=3044]Syndication[/MENTION]
    This is true, but the only 2 servers that are always (80% of the time) full is BOTH TTT, and Bhop.
    Racer is a wasteland & Deathrun only gets full 3 hours after the kids get home. (Not even peak time)

IF, and only IF this DarkRP server gets implemented, thats when we take the big risk.. sit there for a month and see the activity of the server.
    If it's good, it's a winner, if not.. well you know.

Posted Dec 6, 2013
  7. What Vanhalen said. My buddy has had a couple of GMOD servers, dark RP being some of them. Workshop items and how well they work are a big part of getting a server populated.

Posted Dec 6, 2013
  8. Iedr

Iedr

[MENTION=2777]EliteFury[/MENTION] The last I check, Dark RP was the second most popular game-mode in Garry's Mod existence. It will be worth it. We just need to draw the initial player-base in, and the rest would follow.

Posted Dec 6, 2013
  9. This is what I'm trying to get at, It's worth the definitive try!
    Lets hope the vote passes through.

Posted Dec 6, 2013
  10. Drew

Drew

Downvoted

IMO, if we get our coders to make some really awesome custom classes.. it could be worth it.
    Also, maybe be on a map that most/none of the other servers out there don't use or have; e.g. make a custom map if/when possible.

If we actually end up doing this, it should be more unique than most of the other servers.

To be honest, being a popular game mode.. it can also attract a lot of the "wrong crowd" sort of people (people dislike/troll on it).
    The amount of bans we will have to hand out will increase 10x. xD

Posted Dec 6, 2013
  11. Yuck, why would you do darkrp? Perp all the way

Posted Dec 6, 2013
  12. I have a very good feeling about this "possible" server. This could bring in a tough crowd but, nonetheless,
    It could bring in A LOT of newcomers! I've never been this excited for something before. :}

And don't worry, EliteFury is here for dem bans.. soon, hopefully, maybe never.

Posted Dec 6, 2013
  13. Vent

Vent

Should have full pvp based server, like ctf and such

Posted Dec 6, 2013
  14. [MENTION=2777]EliteFury[/MENTION] I guess I'm biased because DarkRP isn't that amazing of a game mode, i'd prefer we get a murder server or something haha

Posted Dec 6, 2013
  15. [MENTION=3044]Syndication[/MENTION] I never really played any RP before, but have watched plenty of videos on it. We need a new game mode, one that lasts, and for me a RP sure does last. A murder server isn't long lived and has half the popularity as Prophunt. Like Drew said, if we can get a custom map, never before played, then it could be much better (a new feeling).

I feel like this is a debate, all I'm saying is for now we watch to see how this idea goes.
    Since the idea of a new server is up, if this goes to a definite NO, then we can talk about Murder/PropHunt/Etc.

Posted Dec 6, 2013
  16. I voted No only because since it is rather buggy, and has the potential for more server crashes. It is a good game mode with great motives, but all I ask is that it doesn't end up like CS:S Jailbreak.

+1

Posted Dec 6, 2013
  17. Senor

Senor

I vote that we should work on filling our servers atm. What "fanbase" will there be if we cant even fill up our own servers.
    +1 for the idea but it should be at a later time

Posted Dec 6, 2013
  18. Yea, very true. Either way, this could take months to implement, this is nothing of the now.
    As for the other servers.. I hope PG is already thinking about the VIP store and some new things that
    creat personal appeal.. thats one way to bring in ppl.

Posted Dec 6, 2013
  19. Koala

Koala

I completely agree with Drew here, I was once an admin on a Dark RP server, all I did was get called for rdm, get called for prop kills and it just became unbearably stressful and time consuming. If we managed to get the rules into their heads, it could be a great idea, could increase donations (if you add special things for the donators to get in the Dark RP servers; Classes, weapons etc.) I think we should give it a trial run for one month, see if people like it, f they do continue it and if not, discontinue it.

Posted Dec 7, 2013
  20. Gmod is all well and good? But I speak for a few that the css server to me is more important.

Posted Dec 7, 2013
  21. Cpt. Hopi

Cpt. Hopi Recruit

I like DarkRP 10x more than PERP.

Posted Dec 7, 2013
  22. There is a few problems with it
    1. 60% of the server is going to have admin(needs a completely different system)
    2. Hard to get populated, needs a lot of work and time
    3. It's a decent idea, but idk...

Posted Dec 7, 2013
  23. Drew

Drew

If we get a server, you get to make the custom map that would separate us from the other servers, Mr.Mapper. :p

The only way ppl will even get the map is if they connect to our servers and dl it, a good idea to get them to come to the server and let them know about the amazing pG.

Posted Dec 7, 2013
  24. Chingy

Chingy

We could have the same admin system as before, but it would need to be filled.

Posted Dec 7, 2013
  25. Maddog

Maddog

No.

Posted Dec 7, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.