Windows Update: Multiple Programs

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by IcyProtocol, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First of all, a big hardy F you Bill Gates.
    Second of all, if I want any help at all, [MENTION=2930]Maddog[/MENTION]. <3 u bb.

Ok so I have been having issues installing any Windows Update for the past month now, and I've been looking everywhere for solutions. I have 38 important updates to install, and I have already tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, DISM Scanhealth and DISM Restorehealth(Got a 14005 error when trying to do both of those), SFC scan, and a clean boot. None of these are working. The farthest I got yesterday with an update was after everything seemed to install, when it restarted and said "Configuring Updates", it eventually came up with "Failed to configure Windows Updates. Reverting Changes...". I also tried installing them separately, and 0/38 worked. All coming up with the same 8007371B error when trying to install. If anyone could help, it would be very much appreciated because I can't upgrade to Windows 8.1 without the latest updates.

UPDATE: Just tried another update(KB2882301) separately and it came up with Error Code 800736B3.

UPDATE: I just tried installing one update, and it said "Restart PC to apply updates", so I did, but instead of trying to install the one update I just downloaded, it tried to install 37 updates. When it finished and restarted again, it came up with "Configuring Windows" and got to 93% and said "Failure Configuring Windows. Reverting Changes." All of the updates either failed with 8007371B or 800736B3.

UPDATE: I used the Fix It from Microsoft to Reset Windows Update Components, and it came up with this window.

[​IMG]

UPDATE: I tried updating just the update I need for Windows 8.1 to appear(KB2871389), and it came up with error code 80010108 right away. It didn't even get to the Installing Update screen.

UPDATE: I found that my Windows Update Agent is not the latest version. I am currently running 7.8.9200.16547 on a Windows 8 x64 Bit OS, but the latest version according to an article on Microsoft's Support website is 7.8.9200.16693. I tried their Fix It program, but it did not update the WUA.

Posted Nov 23, 2013
  2. Maddog

Maddog

Laughed while reading this, I love your update notes.

Have you tried reinstalling windows? :)

Posted Nov 23, 2013
  3. Can't very well do that because OEM version of Windows.

Posted Nov 23, 2013
  4. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

Reinstalling Windows 8 (can be done with any W8 PC, without any external OS drive or disc):
    [video=youtube;0w45rZbDHNU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w45rZbDHNU[/video]

Before actually reinstalling, back up all the needed files to an external drive.

Posted Nov 25, 2013
  5. Windows 8.1 sucks, so I would just reinstall the current version you have and avoid updating.

Posted Nov 25, 2013
  6. So basically back up my graphics, documents, and my Adobe CC crack rar. Mk. God I hate resetting Windows.. Does this get rid of my drivers too? I'm retarded when it comes to this schtuff.

Posted Nov 25, 2013
  7. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

Not sure about drivers, but it would be ideal to get a back up of the driver installers. Or most manufacturers keep support pages for their PCs that have a list of drivers i.e. my laptop

One way to help reinstalling for when you need to backup all your programs is to browse your Desktop, Start Menu, Program Files, and Programs and Features list in the Control Panel. While doing so, list any program you'd like after reinstallation.

Posted Nov 25, 2013
  8. [MENTION=2291]Swagijuana[/MENTION] So when resetting my PC, I did Just Remove my Files, and when it restarted, it said "Preparing" and then "Resetting your PC(0%)" and after like 20 seconds of being on 0%, it restarted and came to my login screen where there was a message that said "A problem occurred when resetting your PC. No changes were made."

Posted Nov 25, 2013
  9. [​IMG] Sooo looks like I'm sticking with my unupgradable Windows 8, or buying a 120 dollar disc.

Posted Nov 26, 2013
  10. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

Sounds like it. Definitely something is fucked up in the Windows files. You could call Windows support, but I never understand those tards. They work with a script that just tells them to do usually everything I've already tried to fix my problem, just with a confusing accent.

Posted Nov 26, 2013
  11. [MENTION=2291]Swagijuana[/MENTION] Thing is that they ask for 99 bucks to give you the solution to your problem. I'm probably just gonna stick with my version now and fix it when somethings wrong. Or I could just say rrrr and become a p word ;)

Posted Nov 26, 2013
  12. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

There's always the solution of being a pirate xP You don't even need a cracked version of the OS, just take advantage of 'dem OEM serial keys. They had it coming to them anyways for releasing a buggy OS ;D

Posted Nov 26, 2013
  13. Lol damn straight.

Posted Nov 26, 2013
  14. CaffeinePizza

CaffeinePizza Member

Yes, you can reinstall an "OEM" copy of Windows. OEM and Retail media aren't any different other than the activation methods. But because you have Windows 8, it's more difficult because Microsoft changed the way OEM activation works in SLIC 3.x for Windows 8. (Yep, I may be a Linux user, but I know Windows more than most.)

Posted Nov 26, 2013
  15. CaffeinePizza

CaffeinePizza Member

Only known way of activating Windows 8 without special OEM reactivation is through KMS(Key Management Service).

Look here for more information on activating Windows 8/8.1 legally and legitimately. (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/forums/42-Windows-8)

Note:
    MyDigitalLife doesn't condone piracy or copyright infringement. All logos and titles belong to their rightful owners.
    (If leadership has a problem with the link, please feel free to remove it.)

Posted Nov 26, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.