Monitor Graphics Card HELP PLZ

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by BammaStudio, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello i currently built my own pc, and have been having some isssues with monitors not responding or currently no signal in general, these are the items i have

ASUS GTX560Ti GRaphics card
    it currently takes DVI slots in the back heres a link to the graphics card picture and the dvi picture

DVI
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...r_Types.svg/277px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

Graphics card
    http://www.ozone3d.net/public/bigpictures/201101/asus_gtx560_ti_dcii_top_04b.jpg

Any help on what item i need to get to use this or make it work would be awsome!

Posted Oct 28, 2013
  2. make sure that you connect the 6 pin or 8 pin to the graphics card. if thats not the case, it might just be dead and you can call for support

Posted Oct 28, 2013
  3. Gravious

Gravious Member

Can you see the graphics card being on? Do the fans spin?
    If that's not the case make sure it's fit in right into the socket (if it doesn't have a 6-pin PCI-E connector)

If it is in fact running, make sure your monitors are correctly connected and that the computer POSTs succesfully.

Posted Oct 29, 2013
  4. Sagar

Sagar

can confirm, if you never got a picture out of the card its not properly connected or damaged

Posted Oct 29, 2013
  5. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

Anything yet? There's nothing you need to buy if you have the DVI-I Dual Link cable and the card. Few things to make sure of if you recently upgraded to this card:
    • The card is secured in the PCI-E slot
    • The DVI cable is secured on both ends, the card output and the monitor input
    • That you have enough power for the card. It's a common mistake to not buy a PSU that's not enough for a build. Not enough power can result in no signal, flashing, or any kind of weird picture from lost video data
    • Your card is actually running. Easily found out by watching the fan.

Lastly, what does it look like when booting your PC? No signal at all every time? Or just sometimes there's no data? And what's your PSU wattage?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    Posted Oct 29, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.