Custom Raspberry Pi Case

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Swagijuana, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

Within the next month or so, I will be getting a Pi. Also, I've been taking an AutoCAD class at school. So as another project for my Pi, I will design a custom case for my own Pi. One of the reasons is for a little better ventilation over top of the CPU, that worries me a lot on many of the Pi cases because I want to overclock it just to 750-850 MHz (I will be ordering heatsinks for the Pi too). Another reason is that none of the cases I've seen look that cool to me. Once the case is actually made into a model, I'll have to split the top and the bottom parts of the case because the models usually have to be manifold, so the model will end up into 2 files or more depending on how the case is made. Once the files are ready, just send it to a 3D printing business for it to be made for around $30. Most likely I will choose just a basic polished plastic. I've yet to draw or design it, but will probably be a bottom black piece that the Pi will sit on, a black mid piece that will be like a top piece but there is not a top side to it, then I'm looking for a business that has a transparent plastic that I will use as a very top piece that will have the holes for ventilation. If it's successful, I will open the case model/files to the public for anyone that would like them :D

Posted Oct 4, 2013
  2. Player#1

Player#1 Member

Sounds cool post a picture when you get it

Posted Oct 4, 2013
  3. AutoCAD is great...I miss that class

Posted Oct 4, 2013
  4. Sagar

Sagar

i'm taking autoCAD too, i thought it was harder

Posted Oct 4, 2013
  5. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

My class is CAD/Drafting, omg I hate the drafting lol, I'm not the one for putting things onto paper

Posted Oct 4, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.