If everything goes as planned = New processor

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by KingPolar, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopefully if everything goes as planned, I'll be able to get my mom to buy a new processor so I can actually run Gmod properly and not crash between every map swap (loading screen).

Will try get this : http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-Athlon-...048&sr=8-11&keywords=processor#productDetails

Should make a big difference to the fact my current GHz is 2.2 and this new one is 3.4 GHz.
    And yes it is quite cheap, but it should do the job, that's if I'm allowed to get it. :p

Posted Sep 28, 2013
  2. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

Well it's only a dual-core. You won't get gaming performance out of it for sure.

Also, what's your current processor?

Posted Sep 30, 2013
  3. Won't bother to check but my computer rating on it is 5.3 and the GHz on it is 2.2 so its pretty crappy.

Posted Sep 30, 2013
  4. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

Well my max frequency is 2.7 GHz and quad-core. I forget what thread it was in and who said it, but it was along the lines of "CPU frequency is just a bragging right for manufacturers." Which it kinda is. Frequency is important, but there's other things like nano-architecture, number of cores, and number of threads, frequencies are not the only matter.

Posted Sep 30, 2013
  5. Connor

Connor

Good luck getting your Mom's permission :p

Posted Sep 30, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.