My Ideal Computer

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Swagijuana, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

I've gotten bored looking around and researching, finally decided to go ahead and create my ideal build, while explaining it to everyone :D http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1vzvI

*I chose the A10 because it performs as well as some i5's, while a little cheaper, but it also has those amazing graphics with it, so I would crossfire the A10 graphics (HD 8670D) with an HD 7770. Should be able to get to 50-60 fps on BF3 on high settings, including some anti-aliasing. If not, I could still easily over clock the A10 and HD 7770.
    *I wouldnt need to worry too much when overclocking, the A10 will have water cooling then the case comes with 1 120mm fan, which I don't feel comfortable with only 1 so I'll buy 3 extra, maybe 4, I just want to overclock a bit more.
    *8GB of Corsair Vengeance because it's a cheap RAM for 1866 MHz
    *The motherboard just because it was the cheapest that's ATX, supports FM2, and has crossfire capability.
    *I wouldn't need much more than a 500 GB drive, I think 1 TB is overrated, I'm perfectly fine with the 750 GB I have now and have 400 GB to spare on it, may just scrap that out of my laptop for the build.
    *The power supply chosen is just a cheap 500w xP (probably will get a 600w for stability in overclocking)
    *That optical drive is just cheap and I don't have a heart for bluray, unless it's BrRips xD
    *I don't care what people say about W8, the interface isn't hard to figure out (people need to learn how to use the search). And it actually seems to be a bit faster than W7.
    *The MS Sidewinder is a LED backlit gaming keyboard. Backlit keyboards are so much more convenient in dark rooms
    *Unneeded items I already have are a mouse, wireless adapter, and monitor (using my personal 22" 1080p tv as a monitor, supports HDMI)
    And wallah! A $650 gaming dekstop that can run nearly any game on ultra!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
    Posted Aug 24, 2013
  2. Sounds good, but the funny thing is half the time you don't even need powerful computers to run any of the games unless its a game like bf3 on max graphics cuz really I have a simple computer for daily tasks, with just an upgraded graphics card and I can pretty much run games perfectly. But having a good gaming computer does help!

Posted Aug 24, 2013
  3. Maddog

Maddog

Why pay for Windows 88888?

Posted Aug 24, 2013
  4. I am more of a Windows 7 fan, also; Windows 7 is a whole lot better for gaming.

Posted Aug 24, 2013
  5. Terror

Terror

Windows 7 in my opinion, is the best for gaming.

Posted Aug 24, 2013
  6. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

Why not Windows 8? W7 and W8 are just about the same price, then W8 does run some tasks faster than W7. People think it's hard to navigate through the UI, which isn't hard at all for me. Most of the time when looking for a program, just bring your mouse to the bottom right of the screen, click search, and type the program you want. It can access things faster than W7 if you learn how to use it.

Posted Aug 24, 2013
  7. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

[​IMG]
    No difference in gaming, W7 is faster than W8 in some games, and W8 is faster than others.
    [​IMG]
    Runs Office applications faster
    [​IMG]
    Improved multi-tasking when copying files
    [​IMG]
    A lot faster startup time
    [​IMG]
    A lot faster shutdown time
    [​IMG]
    Faster wake up time, which I use every single day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Better browser performance

Posted Aug 24, 2013
  8. Windows 8 hatred is really all about the different displays, lack of added features, and the fact that many programs had major issues when they came out. For instance, my brother (IcyProtocol) has windows 8 and every time he trys to join a skype call with me and my buds there is ALWAYS something wrong because of the windows 8 version of skype. However, programs get updated, bugs get patched, and eventually it will run just as smooth as it did on windows 7.

Posted Aug 24, 2013
  9. Maddog

Maddog

It's not the OS which makes it faster, it's the System, My system makes getting windows 8 pointless.

Posted Aug 25, 2013
  10. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

They used the same system for those tests,

Posted Aug 25, 2013
  11. Maddog

Maddog

Although using the same harddrive, what do you bet they tested 8 first?

Posted Aug 25, 2013
  12. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

How does it matter which OS they tested first?

Posted Aug 25, 2013
  13. Maddog

Maddog

Loading multiple OS's onto the same HD slows it down.
    Formatting & Overwriting an HD starts running it down slowly.

Also, for a fair test, all of this should have been run on the top of the top line style system to ensure more accurate results.

Either way, Windows 7 is a more viable option, it was based on performance and ensuring that things were secure and worked.

Windows 8 was based on "user friendly" (lol k) and was also based on "speed" which is pointless.

Windows 7 is a more efficient OS.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
    Posted Aug 25, 2013
  14. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

The hard drive was formatted after testing the first OS, which formatting will slow one down in the slightest bit, slight enough that there's nearly no difference.. It's just deleting files on the drive, I've deleted probably a few hundred thousand from just uninstalling, shredding, and recycling files. Doing anything with a drive will slow it down, but it's definitely going to be unnoticeable in benchmarks and tests. And what do you mean by "speed", Windows 8 performs better than 7 in many OS standard tasks. Then what is your difference in "speed" and "performance". And Windows 8 is user friendly for me, with the improved system search, then improved wake up times.

And is this not top-of-the-line enough for you?
    [​IMG]

Posted Aug 25, 2013
  15. Maddog

Maddog

Don't see QUAD Titans.

Posted Aug 25, 2013
  16. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

Go buy your own quad titans dammit xD

Posted Aug 25, 2013
  17. Saabu

Saabu

My PC is Win 7 and I boot in roughly 30 secs, and it wakes in about 4-6 seconds.

Posted Sep 25, 2013
  18. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

Changed my future build up but didn't need to replicate this thread, so pretty much bump. Give me your opinions!

Corsair and Asus are very reliable, so I largely went with them.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2li7G

[table="width: 1000, class: grid, align: left"]
    [tr]
    [td]Part[/td]
    [td]Reasoning[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]CPU - AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad-Core Processor[/td]
    [td]Okay CPU with decent graphics to crossfire with, will overclock[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]CPU Cooler - Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler[/td]
    [td]Will be doing some pretty heavy overclocking. I'm very paranoid about overheating.[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Motherboard - Asus A88X-PLUS ATX FM2+ Motherboard[/td]
    [td]Just wanted the best FM2+ motherboard out there[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Memory - Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory[/td]
    [td] Don't need much, might get a future upgrade. 1600MHz will do for now.[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Storage (HDD) - Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive[/td]
    [td]Space for just any program or media that doesn't need to be loaded up from an SSD[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Storage (SSD) - Corsair Neutron Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk[/td]
    [td]Used for games, OS, and advanced applications which need faster loading, i.e. Battlefield or Windows[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Video Card - Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card[/td]
    [td]Crossfire capable with the APU graphics, while alone is still a decent GPU. Goal is to play BF4 on medium to high.[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Case - Corsair C70 Arctic White (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case[/td]
    [td]I like white xP. Good fan cooling and fits the H110 watercooling.[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Case fans (x3) - Corsair Air Series AF120 Performance Edition 63.5 CFM 120mm Fan [/td]
    [td]Quiet for the performance, fits well with the case and can still get several more fans to fit in there. Will be overclocking the GPU so that'll help[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Power Supply - Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply[/td]
    [td]600w is good enough and still safe for upgrades. Corsair is reliable, let alone anything with 80+ certification[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Optical Drive - Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer[/td]
    [td]Cheap, does the job, 400+ good reviews[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Monitor - Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor[/td]
    [td]24" is large enough, 1080p, 144Hz for great visual.[/td]
    [/table]

Posted Dec 16, 2013
  19. MetalTitan

MetalTitan Member

Mine: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2lxJC (What I plan to build in the upcoming months) [MENTION=2291]Swagijuana[/MENTION] Thoughts? xD
    [​IMG]
    Oh yeah, thinking of replacing those 3 fans with a CPU cooler. But I don't know yet.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Posted Dec 17, 2013
  20. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

Well you pretty much NEED a CPU cooler. Those fans are case fans and don't do much for the CPU, nor do they affect a CPU cooler unless your cooler is very large. You can still hook up a cooler to the CPU, but I'm pretty sure the cooler can be dual-fan watercooling with the fan space on top. You can go for the one fan watercooling and one case fan on top. The case has 5 fan positions, but is preinstalled with one in the front (can be upgraded to 140mm) leaving you to the option to install 4 more.
    From Cooler Master
    EDIT: Almost forgot about the PSU. If you ever get another graphics card or more hardware, you're probably going to have to upgrade.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Posted Dec 17, 2013
  21. Posted Dec 17, 2013
  22. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

Posted Dec 17, 2013
  23. We don't use the camera. Not useful for me.

Posted Dec 18, 2013
  24. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

Yea makes sense haha, I don't see how you can use a camera in IT

Posted Dec 18, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.