I am looking into creating gameplay videos.

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by AsthA, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AsthA

AsthA

I have the full version of fraps. And i have it set up so it runs great. How about free editing software that is any count? Anyone care to help a sista out? :p I am about as new to this as i can get, but it is something i've always wanted to try. Any help/tips/trolls and flames are appreciated :p

Posted Aug 7, 2013
  2. If yyour on windows..windows video maker

Posted Aug 7, 2013
  3. If you want to torrent there's always that.

Posted Aug 7, 2013
  4. Golden

Golden

Nobody believes me when I say it but Windows Movie Maker is seriously really awesome. What it lacks in cool editing effects it makes up for in simplicity and ease of use. You can do a lot of basic editing with it.

Posted Aug 7, 2013
  5. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

VideoPad Video Editor. Made by NCH Software. They've made over 80 great softwares, many in media production which would be of great use for you. VideoPad is not the most advanced, there is a free trial then it downgrades to the free version (which is still awesome for being free), so it would be a good entry point in video editing software for you if you wish to buy professional software later, such as Sony Vegas. I'll admit, the UI does look a bit boring, but it's still the best free software I've ever found in video editing.

Just did a little more research, look into Lightworks and download it. Seems very useful from the snapshots I saw.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    Posted Aug 7, 2013
  6. Dont use windows movie maker. It shows in the final edit and shows somewhat a lack of quality. I would invest in Camtasia 8. It is amazing for recording gameplay. torrent

Posted Aug 7, 2013
  7. Swagijuana

Swagijuana Member

If you want new software to record, buy (torrent) the full version of XSplit, amazing recording features. I also use it to livestream. It's not as lightweight as Fraps though, so take a couple test recordings first with different settings in XSplit and in-game.

Posted Aug 8, 2013
  8. CaffeinePizza

CaffeinePizza Member

Sony Vegas Pro? $500 or get it free

Posted Aug 8, 2013
  9. Sony Vegas 12, After Effects or Adobe Premire

Posted Aug 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.