I need some help

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Icey, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icey

Icey

So my internet was running really slow and I did not know why. Where it shows my internet usually there is a computer screen with a cable. When I got on this morning it was the bars and when I clicked on them it said I had limited connectivity. I did some research and found out if I just restart my modem it should be all good and I did that but it just went right back to limited.

Posted Jul 30, 2013
  2. Sometimes, you might have too many phantom network adapters in windows. It may help to remove all the old adapters and any unused drivers.

If you're using a broadband router and DHCP on your network, check your computer's IP address to verify it is valid and not a private address that starts with 169.254. An invalid address of the form 169.254.x.x signifies your computer's inability to obtain a usable IP address from your router.

To fix DHCP problems:

Reboot your computer, router (if present) and broadband modem together > re-test your connection.

If your connection remains non-functional: run the Windows Network Repair utility on your computer.

If your connection still remains non-functional: update your router settings to change from dynamic to static IP address configuration, and set an IP address on the computer appropriately.

If your connection remains non-functional after that: unplug your router and connect the computer directly to your broadband modem. If this configuration is functional, contact the manufacturer of your router for additional support.

If your computer is connecting to your network directly through a broadband modem, or if your Internet access remains non-functional after following the instructions above, contact your Internet provider for support.

Posted Jul 30, 2013
  3. That happens to me allot you haft to reset both modem and the wireless box wait like 20 sec before turning them both on and presto should be fixed trust me it works. Hope it works have fun :D

Posted Jul 31, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.