Omni-Virtual Reality at its best

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by IcyProtocol, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So we ask know that the Oculous Rift is a technology in the reality and should be coming out not too far down the road, but would it really feel any different if you are still using a mouse and keyboard? Of course not! I came across this article from nVision(nVidia's news source) and it was talking about the kickstarter project, Omni. It's a while new way to walk the world of your favorite games from the comfort of your own living room. It's gonna feel like you are shooting the enemy in BF3,you are going to slay the dragons in Skyrim, and you are going to feel like you are the character instead of your fingers getting all the glory. And with the project reaching it's goal of $150,000 in a day, it's sure to be a success. Check out the kickstarter project here and watch the introduction video. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1944625487/omni-move-naturally-in-your-favorite-game/

And don't forget to post your thoughts and comments!

Posted Jun 6, 2013
  2. [MENTION=2008]IcyProtocol[/MENTION] I have seen it but it doesn't really seem practical. This is only for real hardcore gamers.

Posted Jun 15, 2013
  3. Imagine how many calories you can burn while playing.

Posted Jun 15, 2013
  4. Big Boss

Big Boss Member

yeh fatty

Posted Jun 15, 2013
  5. MetalTitan

MetalTitan Member

Posted Jun 15, 2013
  6. [​IMG]

Posted Jun 15, 2013
  7. lmfao

Posted Jun 15, 2013
  8. That my feel to it as well. It's really cool, but if I bought it, I would only probably use it for a month or so before I start getting mad because I can't kill anyone in multiplayer and then I would swith back to my trusty controller or mouse/keyboard anyway.

Posted Jun 16, 2013
  9. Sounds awesome for fun, but for serious gamers, it isn't practical. But if you have your own servers for it, it would be amazing.

Posted Jul 5, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.