Need new ISP

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by Namecheap, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Title says it, I need suggestions on who I can pay for the internetz.

Posted May 29, 2013
  2. Well the two best in my opinion are definitely Road Runner aka Time Warner Cable, or AT&T. I heard good things about Verizon as well, but I heard it's a hit or miss depending on your location. Obviously when Google Fiber releases nationwide, that will be the best but until then, if you don't live in one of the chosen cities, you're out of luck for now. I have Road Runner right now and I've never had complaints. If you are going to use wired connection, don't bother with the Turbo Boost, but if you are going to operate off of Wireless exclusively, I'd check into it. Without turbo boost in a wired connection, I can usually get an average of 1.8MB/S when downloading Steam games, which is sufficient.

Posted May 29, 2013
  3. I'm sorry, Canadian internet not good enough for you eh?

Posted May 29, 2013
  4. Google Fiber isn't going to the rest of America, it's going to be ISPs stepping up their game and getting 1 Gigabit per second internet; this is already happening. I would go with a local ISP if I were you, they are generally more customer-friendly and appreciate your service. If the local ISPs around you are bad, then don't get AT&T--they have serious problems with YouTube. I can't attest to anything else.

Posted May 29, 2013
  5. Well, If I could get TWC or Comcast, I would.

Posted May 29, 2013
  6. Google Fiber

Posted May 30, 2013
  7. Verizon.

Posted May 30, 2013
  8. Ohhh Canada. Well can't help you then. I know nothing about Canadian ISPs.

Posted May 30, 2013
  9. He's from Kentucky but here's a run down of Canadian ISPs

Rogers - High Price, High Throttle, 4mbps upload with 100mbps dl and their DNS is a potato
    Bell - Like rogers but their DNS is an EXPENSIVE toaster
    Tekksavy, like rogers but cheaper and more reliable but dosen't have high mbps dl packages.
    Shaw - Dunno

Posted May 30, 2013
  10. Don't get version UNLESS they have fios....I have their "HIGHSPEED INTERNET" pack....if you have seen me ingame I get around 996 ping spikes

Posted May 31, 2013
  11. i have Verizon fios i never get ping spikes the servers are in Chicago and i live in pa its a good distance away and i got pon ave 22 ping.

Posted May 31, 2013
  12. I do like fios but regular "high speed internet" is just plain shite

Posted May 31, 2013
  13. ah okay i got eh quantum thing they have.

Posted May 31, 2013
  14. Comcast is where its at. You can get speeds like 50 Mbps for only around $50

Posted Jun 15, 2013
  15. No lol guys, Icy gets about 15mbps MEGABIT which is around 1.8 MEGABYTES and if you get charter, you can get twice that and you'll get 4mBps downloading which is super fast and gaming is amazing. It's cheap as well for 30 bucks a month for 30mbps

Posted Jul 5, 2013
  16. CaffeinePizza

CaffeinePizza Member

yea I'm on AT&T and it buffers alot even though I have a 3mb down. On 360p it does. They are shaping traffic.

Posted Jul 6, 2013
  17. verizon sucks dick
    i have blue ridge tv internet and cable, 15mbps, 70 for cable and internet, doesnt crash unless my fucking router fails..xD

Posted Jul 6, 2013
  18. Senor

Senor

yeah its pretty reliable

Posted Jul 7, 2013
  19. Don't get comcast/xfinity. They are horrible :/

Posted Jul 13, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.