Help! Windows Update does not work - Error Code 80073701

Discussion in 'Technology Talk & Help' started by IcyProtocol, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well first of all, Netflix isn't working, and the solution was apparently to get the Windows Updates, which makes sense, so I tried. Also, off topic, Netflix says that the System Configuration is not allowing it to play protected video with error code W8156-80070002. But back to Windows Update. I try to update and it gives me the errors that I listed in the title. I have been researching it, but all the threads have to do with Win7 SP1 installation, so I thought it would be best not to follow the instructions from almost 2 years ago. Please help me if you can. Oh, and I already tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter multiple times and nothing seems to fix it. Running Windows 8 x64.

Posted Apr 26, 2013
  2. Maddog

Maddog

I'd like first of all a full Comp Specs and the browser you are trying to use.

Posted Apr 26, 2013
  3. AMD FX 6300 Processor
    8GB RAM
    AMD Radeon 7770 Graphics Card
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    700W PSU
    ASUS M97A R2.0 Motherboard
    Windows 8 x64 OEM version
    Google Chrome is the browser, however I am regarding the Netflix App for the Windows 8 Start Menu. Although, Netflix works fine using Netflix on a browser. Interesting.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    Posted Apr 26, 2013
  4. Maddog

Maddog

The Netflix App is not as compatible with Win8 as people would like.
    If you find the exe of Netflix inside your install folder, right click, properties, compatibility, Run as Windows7, and then try it again.

I usually use the browser which works perfectly for me.

Posted Apr 27, 2013
  5. The app still doesn't work(probably going to call Netflix Support), but of course the browser version works fine, so I might not even bother. Thanks bro!

Posted Apr 27, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.